Transfer electricity wireless?

Starwind

OR you could overengineer all of the things and do it this way:

Solar Array>cables>IC2 Storage> Cables> Energy link/appropriate crossover engine> energy pipes> teleport pipes> energy pipes> BC storage> Energy pipes> Energy Link> Cables> IC2 Storage.

Try using induction. When you pass electrons through your copper cables, you cause a change in the magnetic field around those cables. And similarly, a nearby cable will respond to a change in the magnetic field through it, by causing a flow of electrons (i.e. electricity). The cables don't need to be touching, but the energy loss is directly related to distance. So you can't go too far away. You may want to consider using superconductors to cut down on this energy loss.

There's also static induction. Ya know, tesla coils.

Also, if you think you can afford the cavity magnetrons, you could power beam some microwaves to a rectenna.

But that rectenna would need to be pretty large, possilby 80 chunks long at 2.5GHz, and you can't use multiple dishes to focus the waves any shorter.

Or try figuring out the science behind one of Tesla's later inventions, and you'll be able to harness nearly free energy out of the ionosphere. Just make sure you don't tell your investors that there is no way to regulate the energy flow, and in essence make it impossible to charge people for the power, or else you'll be shut down and your science will go unnoticed until years after you die.

Or try figuring out the science behind one of Tesla's later inventions, and you'll be able to harness nearly free energy out of the ionosphere. Just make sure you don't tell your investors that there is no way to regulate the energy flow, and in essence make it impossible to charge people for the power, or else you'll be shut down and your science will go unnoticed until years after you die.

And even then the best you can hope for is a museum in your name, a reputation for mad science, and an internet poster.

In fact, if you're thinking about following in Tesla's footsteps at ALL, you may want to avoid investors. Or at least always have a lawyer present when the investors come around. You may also wish to avoid pigeons.

Try using induction. When you pass electrons through your copper cables, you cause a change in the magnetic field around those cables. And similarly, a nearby cable will respond to a change in the magnetic field through it, by causing a flow of electrons (i.e. electricity). The cables don't need to be touching, but the energy loss is directly related to distance. So you can't go too far away. You may want to consider using superconductors to cut down on this energy loss.

Wow, you're smart. Can you make me a nuclear reactor? I can't find one on eBay. I think it'd be cheaper than paying these electric companies forever. I just need a bit of uranium to power my home for the rest of my life, right?

Wow, you're smart. Can you make me a nuclear reactor? I can't find one on eBay. I think it'd be cheaper than paying these electric companies forever. I just need a bit of uranium to power my home for the rest of my life, right?

Why Uranium? Why not use Thorium?

Why Uranium? Why not use Thorium?

Dafuq is thorium? Oh wait, internet...

Thorium is a naturally occurring radioactive chemical element with the symbol Th and atomic number 90. It was discovered in 1828 by the Swedish chemist Jons Jakob Berzelius and named after Thor, the Norse god of thunder.

In nature, virtually all thorium is found as thorium-232, which undergoes alpha decay with a half-life of about 14.05 billion years. Other isotopes of thorium are short-lived intermediates in the decay chains of higher elements, and only found in trace amounts. Thorium is estimated to be about four times more abundant than uranium in the Earth's crust, and is chiefly refined from monazite sands as a by-product of extracting rare earth metals.

Thorium was once commonly used as the light source in gas mantles and as an alloying material, but these applications have declined due to concerns about its radioactivity. Thorium is also used as an alloying element in non consumable TIG welding electrodes.

Canada, Germany, India, Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States have experimented with using thorium as a substitute nuclear fuel in nuclear reactors. There is a growing interest in developing a thorium fuel cycle due to its safety benefits, absence of non-fertile isotopes, and its higher occurrence and availability when compared to uranium. India's three stage nuclear power programme is possibly the most well known and well funded of such efforts.

Meh. It's not in Minecraft so I don't have an unexplainable obsession with it like I do with uranium.