Setting up a private server

Hi guys, I love technic pack, and want to share it with my friend. So far we have been able to play a vanilla server together, with me as the server host. Now, I have installed Tekkit (using your great client!), but what do I need to make a server, is there a step by step guide?

I followed https://www.beastnode.com/portal/knowledgebase/67/Installing-Tekkit-Server-or-Technic-Pack.html, but I couldn't figure out step 4 and forward.

It comes down to this. Normal minecraft server works, Tekkit installed, how do I start a server with Tekkit specs? :D

Running the server for a friend to connect to is easy

If your on a LAN just tell him to connect to your IP address (192.168..)

If its over the internet, best thing to do is register to NO-IP or a similar service to get your internet ip into a name ie www.myserver.no-ip.org. Set the port forwarding on your router to your computer and then he can connect

Running the server for a friend to connect to is easy

If your on a LAN just tell him to connect to your IP address (192.168..)

If its over the internet, best thing to do is register to NO-IP or a similar service to get your internet ip into a name ie www.myserver.no-ip.org. Set the port forwarding on your router to your computer and then he can connect

I do not have trouble with connection, we are already playing vanilla minecraft, just setting up a server with the Tekkit mods :)

Anywhere. Extract them to a new folder anywhere you want and run launch.bat

Done, I get the following message:

C:\Users\Username\Desktop\New Folder>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Could not create the Java virtual machine.