How to disable EE

Godverde

I hope I won't be shot down for asking this. I know there's a lot of discussions going on about EE but that's really not why I'm here. I have my opinion and I was hoping that someone could tell me how to cleanly remove it without awkward behaviour on server/client.

Thanks in advance!

Delete EE2 from the tekkit client mods folder. Find the techniclauncher folder, then go to tekkit, then go to mods.

This is a less than ideal solution, since it makes it inconvenient for new people joining your server.

A more permenant and global solution that will automatically fix this for all your members is to go to the NEI config, and list every single EE item and block as a disallowed ID for NEI. Then they will not show up in the list for anybody logging on, even if they have EE installed.

I wouldnt advise using NEI (server side) there is a well known exploit that will let players import any items they like. Unless you want your server wide open to be exploited, delete it from the mods folder too.

Until there is a NEI fix for 3.1.2, there isnt much that can be done to hide items in the inventory listings.

• 3 months later...

This is a less than ideal solution, since it makes it inconvenient for new people joining your server.

A more permenant and global solution that will automatically fix this for all your members is to go to the NEI config, and list every single EE item and block as a disallowed ID for NEI. Then they will not show up in the list for anybody logging on, even if they have EE installed.

How can I get item id's for all EE items? I was thinking personally to restrict it very heavily since it's so over powered it's insane. Or does someone have an example config they could link via pastebin?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...