GW2 potentially launches in less than 24 hours

freakachu

guild wars 2. that's why the little image says "guild wars" with a crazy half-cropped "2" that is also a dragon in the background.

also, CS:GO is not only not at all the same as GW2, it's not even the same acronym. what part of "hey this game you haven't heard of is coming out guys!" sounded like, "tell me about your l33t MLG AWP hax no scoping in CS:GO, which totally not the game you've never heard of"?

I'd have more sympathy if you brought up a game that at least had the same acronym.

Let's see, we're in the Guild Wars 2 sub-section of the Arcade section, and Freak is talking about a certain GW2... Honestly, I have no idea. Maybe "Giggling Wallets 2"? I heard it's coming out pretty soon. Anyway Freak, you're a mod, at least move this to the correct section, and Hellen Keller yourself.

In all seriousness, I don't think I'll be joining, always had difficulty to stay interested in MMORPG's, even free ones.

Fair enough. But I never compared the two, I can't, because I don't have a taste for games like guild wars, or diablo 3, for that matter (don't crucify me please)

And no. That's what call of duty 8 year old fanboys do when they first play cs. I pray to god that cod didn't die. Not because I like it (the quality went to $&@! VERY fast), but because then the fanboys will move on and polite other games.

Whoops, didn't see that we were in a arcade subsection. I just clicked on the most recent arcade post via the forums home page.

Whoops, didn't see that we were in a arcade subsection. I just clicked on the most recent arcade post via the forums home page.

we're not, I simply tagged the post with the "guild wars 2" topic tag. this is the arcade forum, which is where games other than minecraft are discussed

Still a better launch than Diablo 3 had. :P Got to play from 330a to 7a (when the rest of the US started waking up). My Asura is flipping gorgeous: She has dark-chocolate-and-cherry done up in twin buns, and her armor is sort of a snow-cloud light-blue-almost-cream-white with smoky blue-sky-just-before-full-sunrise highlights and a matching ribbon done up in the back. Pretty good character-creation tool.

cHNpx.jpg

I find the jumping in the game to be really weird, but also really nice: It sort of sets realism aside for fun mechanics. Honestly, it reminds me most of the original Mario jumping.

launch was not flawless, but as of this post the majority of the issues I was experiencing appear to have been fixed. I never had connectivity issues, but I ran into the party related bugs quite a bit. also the whole mail system giving me grief was unfortunate. however, both of those things seem to be fixed. overall I would say that it was a good launch, and they handled the issues they had well. the servers only went down for a while once and other than that the game was completely playable.

really enjoying it so far. I am not disappointed.

Best launch of any MMO to date, as far as I am able to recall. I am impressed as hell with these guys, and I am already having to resist giving them more money for silly things like an extra bag slot (when the remote-deposit of crafting items and the salvaging system make it so my bags never fill) and cool armor cosmetics (which I woudln't even use until near max level anyway).

I hope other companies are watching: This is what "success" looks like.

Not for long. Elder Scrolls Online will be unbeatable.

Only if it's not subscription-based. Star Wars has a bigger gaming fanbase than has Elder Scrolls, and even they could not sustain the subscription model. The market is just shifting: The only subscription-based games that work are niche ones with sometimes barely a single server apiece who offer a unique experience, and WoW by sheer momentum. The small games can sustain a subscription system because the people who remain are invested and loyal, and WoW can sustain a subscription system because every day that goes by they do more to appeal to the masses. It's rather dipolar, actually, and everyone in the middle, that is neither WoW nor esoteric, has gone F2P or is doing so as we speak. Or, is going out of business.

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one looking forward to it. The anti-hype is very strong.

Only because there's scathingly few details about it yet. I'm willing to bet the combat system isn't going to be the standard fare either.

I played a [GW2] beta a while back, and I found things a lot more balanced than numero uno,

like the quests were a heck of a lot more fleshed out and the main 'storyline' is pretty darn impressive for an MMO,

and there a lot more powers are here for you to play with, but things are pretty much the same.

I'm still going to wait to spend my money on Planetside. I know this is the wrong place, but it's too damn cool to stay in it's own thread :D

Only because there's scathingly few details about it yet. I'm willing to bet the combat system isn't going to be the standard fare either.

I played a [GW2] beta a while back, and I found things a lot more balanced than numero uno,

like the quests were a heck of a lot more fleshed out and the main 'storyline' is pretty darn impressive for an MMO,

and there a lot more powers are here for you to play with, but things are pretty much the same.

I'm still going to wait to spend my money on Planetside. I know this is the wrong place, but it's too damn cool to stay in it's own thread :D

Just received the mail to download the Launcher! This is going to be the longest download of my life! But anyway, I'll post this in the actual thread.