Teleport Pipes and ChunkLoader: unable to craft

Reggubha

Question

Launcher/pack Version: Tekkit 2.1 (the server is working on the same PC as the client)

Operating System: Win7 64

Version of Java: 7

Description of Problem:

When trying to craft teleport pipes in the crafting table, the result appears for a split second, then disappears. Looks like the client wants to create, but the server overrides the intention.

(If I start the same client in SSP, the teleport pipes are created fine, although I haven't tested the functionality.)

Similarly, ChunkLoader cannot be created. This time, however, I am unable to craft it in SSP either.

2 answers to this question

We had the same problem on our server, and I managed to make a quick fix to this by added the following recipes to the custom_recipes.txt in the plugins folder.

SHAPED

4060 + 20 + 4060

= 4303

UNSHAPED

4303 + 4065

= 4304

This adds the teleport pipe and the waterproof teleport pipe. The powered teleport pipe seemed to be working just fine.

I don't know about the chunkloader block though, but I hope there is no such thing, because it will put way too much stress on our server if all our machines keept running even when people were offline...

We had the same problem on our server, and I managed to make a quick fix to this by added the following recipes to the custom_recipes.txt in the plugins folder.

Thanks. I'll try it if it doesn't work in 2.1.1

I don't know about the chunkloader block though, but I hope there is no such thing, because it will put way too much stress on our server if all our machines keept running even when people were offline...

That's the whole idea, actually. To keep machines going. You leave a solar-powered quarry on overnight, and have a bunch of processed materials the next day.

But it goes a bit further (and a bit worse) than that. When Buildcraft pipes cross the chunk boundary, and one of the chunks gets unloaded, the pipes continue working, only now they simply dump stuff on the ground (as the pipe on the boundary does not have a further pipe to send items to). That is really annoying.

I know, I know, BC pipes are not considered cool, and RP tubes are probably much cooler, but I have an existing system with little desire to redesign it (at least not until the quarry finishes).

I'd rather have an ability to use a ChunkLoader of some sorts and switch it off manually than have no ability at all.