Pipes? How do they work :s

TehVampire

Ok first of all... I didn't know where to post this :s

For my question... Am I correct if I say that you need to be in a certain radius of a pipe to work? If so what is the radius. And how do I get them to work in a server without being in the radius?

Any help or tips are much apreciated.

It seems that when I press F9 it displays a small red square with a larger blue sqaure, I take it that the red box is the center of the chunk and the the blue square displays the chunk. However it only shows 6 chunks a time. And it appears that though the teleport tethers are in all the required chunks they don't stay loaded :s Also I am getting a slight hunch that redstone generators can't stay loaded :s

EDIT: is it possible that it can't get loaded because I'm not OP? (Well it is my own server but I hate having OP powers because its a small server :P)

EDIT2: Whenever I press F9, I get an insane ammount of lag, and the players in the chunk too... Any clues on this?

Bah I really don't get it anymore... redstone items and pipes don't seem to be affected by the Teleport Tether nor the World Anchor, everything else seems to be working (trees growing/wheat growing/animals growing/energy collectors and condensers) I got a pipe system from one village to another but I can't get it to work...

Bah I really don't get it anymore... redstone items and pipes don't seem to be affected by the Teleport Tether nor the World Anchor...

Try using RedPower tubes instead. Pipes are finicky when it comes to chunks loaded by a non-player block.