Launcher is not even able to open.

wiloft

Question

Launcher Version: None! I can't even get it to work!

Operating System: Windows XP

Java Version: Latest

Antivirus Program: Avast!

Description of Problem:

Whenever I open a fresh version of the Technic Launcher, it comes up with a system error.

Error Messages:

The application failed to initalize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Error Log:

I'm trying that now. If it dosen't work I may see if I can find some sort of workaround.

EDIT: So apparently Technic isn't the only thing that won't work right...

...Is it possible to run Tekkit without using the launcher?

Also, have you bothered trying to redownload the launcher, or clearing out your appdata/roaming/.techniclauncher folder?

It never even got the chance to make that folder! Wait...

...Apparently I don't even have a Roaming folder!

Is that possibly the problem?

EDIT: And I've redownloaded many times.

Are you using the launcher updater? (the one that's an .exe) I seem to recall having some trouble with that. But once you run it for the first time it should make a technic-launcher.jar in the Roaming folder (Or something. It definitely is a .jar though). Try running that as it doesn't run the updater, which in turn runs the jar.

Edit: You posted while I was typing.

Anyways, try making a Roaming folder. Maybe that will do it?

Could it have something to do with the fact I haven't even installed the basic vanilla version?

Isn't it just appdata that's hidden by default? The folders inside it shouldn't be hidden.

And yeah, I don't even have the folder, plus it doesn't hide the Application Data (%appdata%) folder for me.

This happened to me once and my %appdata% folders went byebyes or something try in the search/run bar in the window "%appdataroamingvis%

i know it kinda looks stupid but if your computer is up to date has mine it might because im able to make my roaming invisible and visble but i never realized till 2 weeks, give it ago

It isn't there. And here's some more information (Bullettime comencing) :

• System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 2002. SrvPk 3
  • Computer: Intel Core2 Duo CPU, 3.00 GHz, 3.50 GB of RAM

I will post more specs if possible.

This happened to me once and my %appdata% folders went byebyes or something try in the search/run bar in the window "%appdataroamingvis%

i know it kinda looks stupid but if your computer is up to date has mine it might because im able to make my roaming invisible and visble but i never realized till 2 weeks, give it ago

Not working.

That's what I'm afraid of.

What? you're afraid that if you look for the roaming folder, all your other programs will suddenly realize that it doesn't exist? It's a computer, not an experiment in quantum mechanics.

Schroedingers Folder: until you look for it, it is both causing bugs and not causing bugs.