It's high time in here for a little bit of just general discourse :)

Lothos

I started another ssp world again today after getting a little bit into TC. It got me wondering as I looked at the long list of worlds I have made for technic.

How many times have you started over from scratch?

Do you start a particular world for a particular goal solely?

I made a world the last time expressly for the purpose of learning and mastering EE and using nothing but EE. Yeah, once I had every single thing done I had little drive to stay on that world.

My reasoning for restarting this time around midstride with TC is simply location, spacing, and new things I needed for vis that I just didn't have a good fitting into my ugly base. I confess though I did get into turtles as well though to start and have alot better ideas for using them as further reason for a new map.

What keeps you motivated to stick with a particular world?

Anyway, ramble on good people...

I've restarted several times simply because I find planing a base to be a pain in the ass. I get to the point where I have lots of materials and some endgame things and realize that my current hole in the wall is no longer sufficient for my storage/expansion/what ever needs. Last world I almost actually made a real base but id resolver decided to flip its shit because I wanted to install aps and decided to remove portions of my new base. I'm now on a new world and due to a lack of rubber I'm going to have to learn how to actually use buildcraft.

I always try to fit a whole industry with lots of extra stuff into one very good looking house/building, which I also want to use as a house; kitchen, bathroom, bedroom etc. Haven't completed it yet, even after 20 saves or even more. I'm testing new stuff for now in a flat world to see if I can add this or replace an other design with it.

It's fun to start your new maps off with a small encampment you have pre-built in creative. I just started playing a SSP world with a small frame airship drive train already built. As I collected materials, I have added on a quarry head, some sleeping quarters, a machine shop, and an oil pump/ refinery. I have to keep moving from oil well to oil well since my base is powered by fuel (solar is lame).

Other than that, every world I start represents a new path to endgame I am exploring since there are many ways to accomplish the same goal.

I'm now on a new world and due to a lack of rubber I'm going to have to learn how to actually use buildcraft.

You can use Industrial Craft's agriculture system to cultivate reeds that leak sticky resin. They are called stickreed. That, or try to find a swampland for the actual trees.

one thing thats always been a sticking point with me regardless of smp vs ssp is the exploring/expanding aspect and travel. i always say I'll do a train setup and make stations and stops etc...but I never do. i use up whats within easy walking distance and then get frustrated and start a new map.

• 3 weeks later...