[3.1.2] XphX's server [Please refer to OP]

XphX

Hey former residents (Esp, Nega, Fae...)

The server is currently undergoing a metamorphosis. I'm sorry, but a few things have happened in the last few days that will leave me unable to host the *same* server as before for a little bit. On Monday the 24th, I'm going to be posting a new thread detailing exactly what I'll be doing with the server and deleting this thread. Sorry, but it'll basically be an entirely new server. Be on the lookout for a thread called "XphX's server", as this thread is now called. If you want to know why this server failed, clicky: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/how-not-to-run-your-server-and-how-my-first-server-failed-a-guide-and-a-cautionary-tale.26143/#post-206767

A few things that might (might not, we'll see) happen to the server:

• A tekkit hunger games server?
  • Tekkit server with only essentials?
  • 24/7 hosting?
  • All of the above?

Mods: Please wait until monday to delete this thread, but feel free to delete it once that arrives.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN: Core_iEmu

Experience with servers: I was an op on an old Tekkit server that is no longer up. I was very well liked and appreciated.

Experience with Tekkit: I have been playing Tekkit since the beginning.

Experience with Towny: I haven't had much experience with Towny but I hope on this server I will become more comfortable with it.

Passionate rant I why you should except me: I feel that you should except me as the right person for this job because I have the expeirence to complete the tasks at hand and Am always willing to help a new server start up and make it's rank in this world, P.S. because I'm a Bad*ss (JK)

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?: African or European swallow?

If I see a person getting high fives in the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?: I will sincerely ask the person to stop high fiving this other person in the face and then as I walk away I will high five the man that was high fived in the face. Thank you and goodnight...

IGN: Core_iEmu

Experience with servers: I was an op on an old Tekkit server that is no longer up. I was very well liked and appreciated.

Experience with Tekkit: I have been playing Tekkit since the beginning.

Experience with Towny: I haven't had much experience with Towny but I hope on this server I will become more comfortable with it.

Passionate rant I why you should except me: I feel that you should except me as the right person for this job because I have the expeirence to complete the tasks at hand and Am always willing to help a new server start up and make it's rank in this world, P.S. because I'm a Bad*ss (JK)

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?: African or European swallow?

If I see a person getting high fives in the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?: I will sincerely ask the person to stop high fiving this other person in the face and then as I walk away I will high five the man that was high fived in the face. Thank you and goodnight...

You score a 6/7, which is acceptable. I'll add you to the whitelist, and the server goes up at 4PM EST. However I see you have 2 bans. Our server is a place of forgiveness, but would you care to explain the two bans? (I'll probably accept you either way, unless you lie about this. You won't get the "benefits" until you give some sort of explanation, even if you actually did grief)

(

[0] => <nibato> .:. griefing, lb proof

[1] => <random ip> .:. lvl 4 creative world grief

)

IGN: unholyhero12

Experience with servers: I play on a lot of servers and i have a few servers of my own. I have been op on a few servers and i was liked and people thought i was a good op.

Experience with tekkit: I have been playing tekkit for at least a year and i am experienced in EE and Industrialcraft. Not so much with Redpower. I also know a bit about buildcraft.

Experience with towny: I dont know much about Towny but i know the basics like how to set up a town, but thats it. I want to get better at using Towny though so i hope , if I get accepted, on this server I learn how to use Towny properly.

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me: I think you should accept me because I will complete the tasks which need to be done and I am always happy to help others and help a new server. If you accept me, I will help this server become even more amazing.

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?: I dont know.

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?: I would walk up to the person high fiving and ask him to stop and explain to him why he cant do that. Then I will walk away and high 5 the guy who got high fived in the face.

IGN: unholyhero12

Experience with servers: I play on a lot of servers and i have a few servers of my own. I have been onop on a few servers and i was liked and people thought i was a good op.

Experience with tekkit: I have been playing tekkit for at least a year and i am experienced in EE and Industrialcraft. Not so much with Redpower. I also know a bit about buildcraft.

Experience with towny: I dont know much about Towny but i know the basics like how to set up a town, but thats it. I want to get better at using Towny though so i hope , if I get accepted, on this server I learn how to use Towny properly.

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me: I think you should accept me because I will complete the tasks which need to be done and I am always happy to help others and help a new server. If you accept me, I will help this server become even more amazing.

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?: I dont know.

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?: I would walk up to the person high fiving and ask him to stop and explain to him why he cant do that. Then I will walk away and high 5 the guy who got high fived in the face.

5/7. Although question 6 is only bonus points.

No bans on your record (that I can see), so you're in. (Server will not be going up until 4 PM EST today, or in approximately 6 and 1/2 hours.)

IGN: Beckio

Experience with servers: Been on quite a few and im used to all the mods like towny and stuff. ( I prefer working alone )

Experience with tekkit: I know how to build minor factories like a solar panel powered factory, quarry factory, that kind of stuff.

Experience with towny: Like i said im sort of experienced with that mod now.

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me: Because i want to get on a whitelist server where nobody can grief me or will reset the world after like 5 days.

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?: 24.444444 mph

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?: Give him a hug!

IGN: Beckio

Experience with servers: Been on quite a few and im used to all the mods like towny and stuff. ( I prefer working alone )

Experience with tekkit: I know how to build minor factories like a solar panel powered factory, quarry factory, that kind of stuff.

Experience with towny: Like i said im sort of experienced with that mod now.

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me: Because i want to get on a whitelist server where nobody can grief me or will reset the world after like 5 days.

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?: 24.444444 mph

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?: Give him a hug!

5/7. Hm, nobody seems to be able to get that last question right.

Acceptable, server going up in approx. 4 1/2 hours.

IGN:

Experience with servers:10/10 no joke

Experience with tekkit:10/10 no joke

Experience with towny:10/10 no joke

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me:i would love to beta test things i love bets testing i promise you will not regret adding me to the whitelist

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?: 24.444444 MPH

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?:give him a huge hug

IGN:Espionard

Experience with servers:I have been on many servers and was once a mod on a friends tekkit 2.1 server.

Experience with tekkit:since 2.1 (good with pipes)

Experience with towny:not much but i would like to learn more and hope to by joinnig this server.

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me:Because i havent been on a whitelisted server for a while and am very tired of griefing losers.

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?:1 billion mph.

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?:You give the guy who was highfived to the face an enchanted diamon sword as a present and sign of respect.

IGN:BrambleclawO_O

Experience with servers:I pretty much only play SMP

Experience with tekkit:A moderate amount, I started playing last month

Experience with towny:Average amount, I've been on a few server with it

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me:I would like to play on a whitelisted tekkit server with a friendly community without every 3rd day someone setting my house on fire

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?:That depends on the weight, species and wing-span of that swallow and without them I cannot calculate the flight velocity

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?:If the person high-fiving is the same one that did it the first time I will Temp-Ban the person high-fiving for 24 Hours. If its a different person I will kick and warn them

If you look me up, I have been banned twice http://whitelist.mcf.li/check/user/b14bed6cf7b77b5cf42f5a0ae127dbf187a6a937/BrambleclawO_O

But I don't even know what chest steal hacks are and never heard of them and in the other ban I accidentally shot out part of someones house with a mining laser but repaired it but they still seem to have in the logs of me destroying someones blocks so they banned me for griefing

IGN: Faesyn (No bans on file ^.^)

Experience with servers: I have, in the past, ran my own Tekkit server. I have also helped a friend completely set up numerous different types of servers, not limited to Tekkit. Server configuration, command usage, and things like that come very easy to me.

Experience with tekkit: I have only used tekkit for a few months, however I believe I am fairly good at using Industrial Craft, Equivalent Exchange and Build Craft. I have recently been learning more about Computer Craft and Red Power.

Experience with Towny: I do not have much experience with creating towns or nations, and the most I have done with Towny is learn about how to Join and Leave towns, as well as money commands and things like that. I'm always willing to learn more about Towny :)

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me: I am a fan of joining servers while they are still new, and helping to develop them. I enjoy a friendly community, and very rarely PVP. I like working together with small groups of people in order to build amazing things.. Whether that is Insanely large, complex, or "bad-ass" things in Creative mode, or awesome, totally legit, Survival mode buildings. (A goal would probably be to make a Large town/nation, with living area, factory, shops, etc.. With people in the town/nation all having unique jobs, from mining, lumberjack, building, mechanic, Nuclear Engineer.. etc xD) --Further note: I do have a TeamSpeak server, and if allowed to join the server, will provide the TeamSpeak server for members of your server to use. ^.^

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?: What do you mean, an African or European Swallow? It’s a simple question of weight ratios.... It is estimated that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour. :)

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?: According to your rules that player has broken Rule number 4 Twice. Which results in a 24 hour ban. If I have the appropriate permissions, I would ban that user temporarily for 24 hours. Otherwise I would let a Mod or Administrator know, as soon as possible.

IGN:BrambleclawO_O

Experience with servers:I pretty much only play SMP

Experience with tekkit:A moderate amount, I started playing last month

Experience with towny:Average amount, I've been on a few server with it

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me:I would like to play on a whitelisted tekkit server with a friendly community without every 3rd day someone setting my house on fire

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?:That depends on the weight, species and wing-span of that swallow and without them I cannot calculate the flight velocity

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?:If the person high-fiving is the same one that did it the first time I will Temp-Ban the person high-fiving for 24 Hours. If its a different person I will kick and warn them

If you look me up, I have been banned twice http://whitelist.mcf.li/check/user/b14bed6cf7b77b5cf42f5a0ae127dbf187a6a937/BrambleclawO_O

But I don't even know what chest steal hacks are and never heard of them and in the other ban I accidentally shot out part of someones house with a mining laser but repaired it but they still seem to have in the logs of me destroying someones blocks so they banned me for griefing

IGN: Faesyn (No bans on file ^.^)

Experience with servers: I have, in the past, ran my own Tekkit server. I have also helped a friend completely set up numerous different types of servers, not limited to Tekkit. Server configuration, command usage, and things like that come very easy to me.

Experience with tekkit: I have only used tekkit for a few months, however I believe I am fairly good at using Industrial Craft, Equivalent Exchange and Build Craft. I have recently been learning more about Computer Craft and Red Power.

Experience with Towny: I do not have much experience with creating towns or nations, and the most I have done with Towny is learn about how to Join and Leave towns, as well as money commands and things like that. I'm always willing to learn more about Towny :)

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me: I am a fan of joining servers while they are still new, and helping to develop them. I enjoy a friendly community, and very rarely PVP. I like working together with small groups of people in order to build amazing things.. Whether that is Insanely large, complex, or "bad-ass" things in Creative mode, or awesome, totally legit, Survival mode buildings. (A goal would probably be to make a Large town/nation, with living area, factory, shops, etc.. With people in the town/nation all having unique jobs, from mining, lumberjack, building, mechanic, Nuclear Engineer.. etc xD) --Further note: I do have a TeamSpeak server, and if allowed to join the server, will provide the TeamSpeak server for members of your server to use. ^.^

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?: What do you mean, an African or European Swallow? It’s a simple question of weight ratios.... It is estimated that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour. :)

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?: According to your rules that player has broken Rule number 4 Twice. Which results in a 24 hour ban. If I have the appropriate permissions, I would ban that user temporarily for 24 hours. Otherwise I would let a Mod or Administrator know, as soon as possible.

IGN:Espionard

Experience with servers:I have been on many servers and was once a mod on a friends tekkit 2.1 server.

Experience with tekkit:since 2.1 (good with pipes)

Experience with towny:not much but i would like to learn more and hope to by joinnig this server.

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me:Because i havent been on a whitelisted server for a while and am very tired of griefing losers.

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?:1 billion mph.

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?:You give the guy who was highfived to the face an enchanted diamon sword as a present and sign of respect.

You are all accepted. Server is going up right now, about to update post up top with IP. (Also, I'm glad somebody finally gotten a perfect score, good job Faesyn and bramble!

Xephos, you are kellered and you didn't provide an IGN. Nope, sorry.

I'm sorry, I'm having problems with the server. I haven't had this problem before but I'm working hard to have the server up as soon as I can. I will edit this post when it is up (since I don't want to triple post).

EDIT: SERVER IS UP! COME GET YOUR JUICY SERVER!

EDIT 2: I'm about 8 hours late on this, but server has been down for about 8 hours.

IGN:xV2_MONKEY

Experience with servers:great

Experience with tekkit:i suk but i learn fast

Experience with towny:good

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me:cuz im a nice person i love making new friends and i love to help

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?:i dont know

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?:tell a admin

IGN:Candycool1234

Experience with servers:been mod on 4 admin on 3 builder on tons

Experience with tekkit:played for about 1 year

Experience with towny:alot most servers have them

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me:i love tekkit and i want 2 have a place 2 spend time and take care of the ppl

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?:lol hmmm the holy grale states its 1 pound?

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?:XD laugh and watch

IGN:moldydoode23

Experience with servers:exellent

Experience with tekkit:still learning but learning fast i know how to use build craft

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me:i am very kind and friendly and i want to help and make friends

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?:Ummm not sure

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?:you help them out?

i t

I'm sorry, I'm having problems with the server. I haven't had this problem before but I'm working hard to have the server up as soon as I can. I will edit this post when it is up (since I don't want to triple post).

EDIT: SERVER IS UP! COME GET YOUR JUICY SERVER!

ried but it says im not whitelisted

Experience with servers: good

Experience with tekkit: beginner

Experience with towny: good

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me: because i don't go around giving people high fives in the the face & i don't tend to use up too many resources or thieve. I'm looking for a server where i can work and help people, have conversations build a civilization.

plus it gets a bit boring on single player with nobody to talk to.

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?:depends on the weight of the animal

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?: report them

tried*

I'm sorry you were unable to connect last right, we might have just misspelled your name :P

Try again tonight. I was having trouble connection to the forums due to some stupid redirection website bug.

Experience with servers: good

Experience with tekkit: beginner

Experience with towny: good

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me: because i don't go around giving people high fives in the the face & i don't tend to use up too many resources or thieve. I'm looking for a server where i can work and help people, have conversations build a civilization.

plus it gets a bit boring on single player with nobody to talk to.

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?:depends on the weight of the animal

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?: report them

Accepted! The server will be up in 8 1/2 hours. (I'm assuming your IGN is Nega_Skoll?)

IGN:xV2_MONKEY

Experience with servers:great

Experience with tekkit:i suk but i learn fast

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me:cuz im a nice person i love making new friends and i love to help

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?:i dont know

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?:tell a admin

IGN:Candycool1234

Experience with servers:been mod on 4 admin on 3 builder on tons

Experience with tekkit:played for about 1 year

Experience with towny:alot most servers have them

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me:i love tekkit and i want 2 have a place 2 spend time and take care of the ppl

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?:lol hmmm the holy grale states its 1 pound?

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?:XD laugh and watch

IGN:moldydoode23

Experience with servers:exellent

Experience with tekkit:still learning but learning fast i know how to use build craft

Passionate rant as to why you should accept me:i am very kind and friendly and i want to help and make friends

What is the flight velocity of an unladen swallow?:Ummm not sure

If you see a person getting high-fived to the face, and this is the second time this week, what do you do?:you help them out?

I wasn't aware there were more messages on this page :P

Alright, beta is now officially FULL. Any more submissions will have to wait until we open officially, which has been determined as 9/19/12.

After some debate we have concluded the server will stay whitelist after the beta. However there will be no starting benefits, it will be pure survival.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons