After much googling and chasing down of rumors, I've got to ask [EE + MultiVerse]

muppet1977

IS there a known fix for transmutation tablets on servers with multiple worlds? I've read all the people saying that tables and tablets will always work only in the default world (the one specified in server.properties), but this just isn't true (or isn't anymore). On my server, pretty much vanilla Tekkit but with Essentials, PermissionsEx, WorldGuard/WorldEdit, and MultiVerse installed, the only world where Transmutation will work is the last one added to the multiverse. This doesn't work for us.

What's particularly galling is that alchemy bags work in all worlds even though they, like tablets, store their data in a specific world's directory structure.

What's the deal here? Is there a patch? A workaround? Anything concrete? Somebody with first hand experience and not "my friend did this once and he said it worked..."?

I've spent around 18 hours this week, including two late nights, experimenting and trying to get this to work. Unavoidably, after a server restart, Tablets break in all but the most recently imported world. This would be fine if I knew of a clean way to remove/re-import my default world without screwing anything up (the one thing I have not tried), but ideally they'd work in all worlds and I'd use permissions to limit them if desired rather than have them limited by bugs.

Thanks in advance!!

I asked another server admin/op about this since I saw in the change log for a server he is an admin for that he had fixed it; I was redirected to MC Port Central, where there is a thread describing how server ops can get access to information for fixing exploits/issues such as this. Unfortunately, they want a public thread advertising the server and the server owner doesn't feel comfortable going 100% public yet (ironically, we're not 100% public because we want to fix these issues first, but we can't get the fixes other people have made unless we go public... argh).

CoderJ - that sounds SUPER fishy to me.

aldrigviking - I'm using EE2ServerV1.4.6.5-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5-r5.zip which I *think* is the latest MCPort version. It says in their wiki that multi-world problems are fixed, or seems to say that, but they're not. Transmute Tablets work a little more in that you can get them to display EMC in secondary worlds, but they have LOTS of issues and are basically useless.

Is there some step I'm missing or am I wrong about the version? I would dearly like to fix this so if I'm being stupid I'm open to being told so. :-)

I asked another server admin/op about this since I saw in the change log for a server he is an admin for that he had fixed it; I was redirected to MC Port Central, where there is a thread describing how server ops can get access to information for fixing exploits/issues such as this. Unfortunately, they want a public thread advertising the server and the server owner doesn't feel comfortable going 100% public yet (ironically, we're not 100% public because we want to fix these issues first, but we can't get the fixes other people have made unless we go public... argh).

Its about that we changed code in EE core, distributing core code (modified) isnt something that we want to do, sorry.

Distributing patches and fixes to popular software is a pretty usual thing. What's your objection/hesitation? If you're really advertising on MCP that you've got fixes if people jump through hoops for you (I haven't seen the thread) then that seems scammy as heck and frankly I'd never trust a "fix" distributed in that manner.

Fixes are posted there for the porters to see what might not be ideal in theyre code etc. Its not adverticing on mcpc if you thought that. You cant see the thread, becouse its not public. Its posted in a section where porters/modcreators can see it and implement into theyre ports if they want to. Sadly, several of the ports arent updated due to 1.3.2 and as said, we wont make cope public that belongs to others in the first place.

We havent posted a single file eighter there so its not like our fixes is "download this, install, and its all fine".