Running Tekkit on an Akliz-hosted server

vibur

I recently set up a server with Akliz and wanted to share my experiences with everyone.

Let me first say that this is not an official Technic Pack endorsement of Akliz. This should be obvious but, well, internet.

Step 1: Go to akliz.net and get yourself a server. I'm currently on a 288 MB server but it's just me and an occasional other person.

Step 2: Download the Tekkit server zip.

Step 3: Upload the contents of the zip to the base directory of your server using the directions provided by Akliz.

Step 4: Submit a support ticket. Let the fine folks there know that you have uploaded the server files and you need your server configured to use Tekkit.jar. Be nice.

Step 5: Wait for support to take care of your ticket.

Step 6: Play Minecraft.

I really can't recommend Akliz enough. They've been helpful and responsive to all my questions.

Keep in mind that I don't work for them so I really can't help you with any questions. I just wanted to share my experience getting it installed because the process is not intuitive.

This really doesn't explain anything. I mean basically this is what it is. Step 1. Get a server. Step 2. Upload Tekkit. Step 3. Submit a support ticket. Done.

That's right and there is absolutely nothing that tells you that. There's also nothing that tells you Akliz can even support Tekkit. I don't expect them to tell you that 'cause they'd have to do that for every mod pack so I posted it here. Now, people have a hosting service to go to that's been confirmed to support Tekkit. Feel free to continue being a twatwaffle though.

this is actually useful information. I've been considering purchasing minecraft server hosting and it's nice to know of one that for sure will let me use tekkit.

I agree that it's nice to know what hosts will work with Tekkit. It's just nice to know how instead of just telling you to contact support.

I agree that it's nice to know what hosts will work with Tekkit. It's just nice to know how instead of just telling you to contact support.

Dude. That IS how. That's how Akliz does it. They take whatever script they have to launch the jar and make it use Tekkit.jar instead. There is literally nothing you can do to make it happen yourself. If there were, I would have put that instead.

You have FTP access, but you can't do anything yourself? This sounds like a horrible host.

Edit

Sorry. I shouldn't say horrible because they could be a good host. Just that specific "feature" is annoying.

I didn't mean to come across as picking on your post. Just these instructions don't really explain anything at all other than just contacting support, but if that's literally all you can do (that's a lame host) then I'll own up and apologize for coming across like that.