Curious issue with Nether Tin Ore

I cant seem to get it to smelt. I placed Nether Copper Ore, Nether Gold Ore, Nether Iron Ore all into the IC2 Electric Furnace and all smelted fine to their regular Ore counterparts. When I placed Nether Tin Ore into the Electric Furnace, nothing happened. I took that Nether Tin Ore and placed it in a normal vanilla Furnace, nothing happened. I remember at one point being able to take the Nether Ore's and put them in a crafting grid, again nothing.

Not sure if this is specific to the Nether Tin Ore, or if the Nether Ores I haven't listed aren't working either. Is there something special that I'm not understanding specifically with the Nether Tin Ore?

There are "clone" ores in it that look like the regular nether parts, but actually they cause the explosions. Nether ores are supposed to be dangerous like that. Also to get the nether ore to regular ore, you just put it in a crafting ui, so benches or your own 2x2 crafting grid. Hope this helped ya out :)

@BloodravenD It usually helps if you read the whole post before you reply. You would have known I had tried placing it in a crafting grid. And by placing it in a crafting grid you would know that it hadn't blown up so it wasn't a clone ore.

• Forum Administrators

I cant seem to get it to smelt. I placed Nether Copper Ore, Nether Gold Ore, Nether Iron Ore all into the IC2 Electric Furnace and all smelted fine to their regular Ore counterparts. When I placed Nether Tin Ore into the Electric Furnace, nothing happened. I took that Nether Tin Ore and placed it in a normal vanilla Furnace, nothing happened. I remember at one point being able to take the Nether Ore's and put them in a crafting grid, again nothing.

Not sure if this is specific to the Nether Tin Ore, or if the Nether Ores I haven't listed aren't working either. Is there something special that I'm not understanding specifically with the Nether Tin Ore?

Its an issue with the Nether Ores mod itself. If you mine an ore block while its going to explode you get that broken tin. It will have the texture of whatever ore it was originally, but it will say its tin. However, it won't stack with 'real' nether tin, and it won't smelt or do anything. It is a broken ore that was set to explode, and you mined it instead. |

Like I said, its the mod itself and has nothing to do with Tekkit or the bukkit port or anything, this behavior happens in SSP as well.