Looking for abandoned/unmaintained projects to update

Wolvenmoon

Now, that's not to say that any modders don't dislike me, if any besides SS even have any reason to have heard of me at all (seeing as how I've done nearly nothing of note at all up to this point), but that's not really at issue, considering I'm not looking to get milk and cookies from them.

I wouldn't trust sengir's cookies anyways. He probably puts bees in them. Or malicous code that causes you to vomit.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not getting the dead threads thing here, the other ones I can see it now. but this one I was posting here because I requested the help with slopes from the OP and figured I would show him where it was done, and how I added it just in case anyone else finds the thread though I suppose I should make a thread just for slopes tekkit install, and just link to that.

**edit, also I suppose I should ask since I have not seen it in the forum rules, what is the expiration of a thread? this one is not even a month old, is it something like 3 weeks or less?

There is no direct rule against "necro'ing" a thread. Basically, you ask yourself two questions:

1) Is the thread itself still relevant (as in, if it were to have been posted in its entirety yesterday instead of whenever, would it still be interesting)?

2) Does the thread lend weight to whatever you want to post, aiding the discussion, making it more useful to post in the thread instead of making a new thread?

"Necro'ing" a thread is bringing up an old topic for no damned reason. In this case, I would personally say that the topic is still valid in general (though maybe not to the original poster), for anyone curious about getting into modding, though what you did was not actually modding, but just editing a config file, so I wouldn't say you added anything to the discussion.

True on the modding, I have only done some base class modding so far, to make that all desert world generation aspect for a server. and really that was nothing spectacular, I just took the desert class and copied if over and over renaming it with the other biomes, then went inside the files and changed all the references to the biomedesert.class to what ever the new .class name was so it did not cause the program to freak out since it could not reference to it's self. Did the same thing with ocean too, but that did not work out as well. I still need to figure out how to change the sea level to make that work properly, and that has proven beyond my non-existent skills heh heh.

** ack, I forgot to do what I originally intended with this post, thank you for the clear answer to my question about the whole necro issue.

This thread's still valid to me. He's actually only about 7 days too early - I have a final and then a class advertising "6 hours a week" of time in, rather than "8 hours a day". This thread is in my patent pending mess-of-tabs-containing-things-to-do. I figured rather than talk about talking about modding I'd just go quiet until I could talk about modding.

If there was an expiration timer on this thread before bumping it would have gotten me chewed out, I'm glad he bumped it! Meat shields are awesome! :D

Alright. The class that devoured all of my time is over. I have another 8 week class that starts up this Sunday. I'm thinking I'll get my IDE set up to do stuff tomorrow. I have it stuck in my head to do what jakj said, and make a gun. I'm thinking I'll try to get it to fire in bursts of three before moving on to screwing around with minecarts.

awesome. if you get time to help me with something, let me know.

*trying to figure out how to mod class files so I can raise or lower the sea level, and need a way to force an entire world to have lower/higher amounts of certain types of blocks/

or just some help with setting up an IDE here, I have had zero luck with anything, eclipse, etc. only thing that has worked even half assed was dirtyJOE, and that is not letting me mod the parts I am guessing are where I need to be modding ;)

Putting this on pause until after the 23rd. I'm applying for a major scholarship that is devouring huge chunks of my time, as well as attempting to get in to a number of universities on the top 10 list for computer science degrees. I thought I had until the 28th. No such luck.

The good news is that I had two Java programming assignments, both were done within 90 minutes of starting. I still have whatever the heck it is I had. Hah. Bad news is we're not going to get to multi-threading because of curriculum changes, which makes me sad. :'(

Any suggestions on mods updated for 1.3.2 that I can bank on their not having a lot change? I might be able to spare 15-20 minutes every day or so to start getting in to this.

• 2 weeks later...

Well damn. He updated again. Lucky I haven't started yet.

(Scholarship is done. Time to start applying. I have another 8-10 essays to do before November 15th on top of the course of normal schoolwork which includes more essays. I am so tired. But I'm halfway through my application essay clusterf***.)