FTL travel

holymage!

why get FTL coms when you have to B destination to send it to

FTL communications would allow us to send high velocity unmanned craft, but still receive telemetry from outside our local area. maybe not the most exciting thing in the world, but scientifically valuable.

FTL communications would allow us to send high velocity unmanned craft, but still receive telemetry from outside our local area. maybe not the most exciting thing in the world, but scientifically valuable.

Or instantaneous wireless internet connections worldwide - that's where I see a majority of NASA's money coming from if they do manage it.

Or instantaneous wireless internet connections worldwide - that's where I see a majority of NASA's money coming from if they do manage it.

That's true as well. Is it odd that the idea of instant internet excites me less than outerspace science pictures?

That's true as well. Is it odd that the idea of instant internet excites me less than outerspace science pictures?

One would believe you have more foresight than most, then.

Personally I look at technology in terms of 'how can this be useful to my everyday life?' As such, instantaneous, wireless internet worldwide would in my opinion not only help me (And my awful connection), but help education and communications worldwide. Then it wouldn't be long before it's an amenity similar to electricity - considered necessary for first-world life and they would likely go hand-in-hand in developing underdeveloped areas of the world.