Mods do not load,

Raiden1803

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 32Bit

Java Version: 7

Antivirus Program: Norton 360

Description of Problem:

While trying to play tekkit, Some reason my mods aren't loading at all since i updated to 3.1.2 . I've tried doing a fresh install but when i load up my save almost all of my stuff is missing, as well as parts ofbuildings and such. like whole walls have up and gone missing. as well as all my buildcraft stuff.

one thing i've noticed when looking at my mod list is now alot of things are reporting "meta data not found" ask your mod author to provide a mod .info file.

Error Messages:

Metadata not found

Error Log:

13 answers to this question

Post in the tekkit bug boards.
apologizes, im new here. it's in there now.

Metadata not found just means that the mod creator did not include a text file that describes what the mod does. It has nothing to do with the functionality of the mod. Are you sure you have the correct bit version of Java?

it is as far as i know for the 32bit OS. thats on the java.com website. Version 7 update 7. build 1.7.0_07-b11) i

apologizes, im new here. it's in there now.

it is as far as i know for the 32bit OS. thats on the java.com website. Version 7 update 7. build 1.7.0_07-b11) i

Is your old world from a different version of the pack? If so, when the pack is updated, item ID's change and thus the items break.

agh i think that's what happened. the pack must have updated and broke everything. well, now that the damage has already been done i dont suppose there is a way to find out what version my old world was and tell the launcher to only load that version? assuming that would restore everything the way it was before the update happened?

You can always use a world backup from your old version when/if you convert back to your old version of Tekkit - that way it'll be as if nothing happened on your world.

I think the issue is that he didn't keep one :( Silly man, always keep a back up. Especially with a Viking hacker around.