Chunks being "Griefed"...or is it a ghost?!?!?!

ZepKraft

So, it has come to my attention after much deliberation that areas of my server are being, what seems to be, griefed. This is not being done by a player (according to logblock and the fact that i've seen it happen before my eyes), but by some magical creature of the night! I'm not entirely certain what is causing it, and was curious if anyone else out there is encountering such a terrible situation!

Example: log off to a well maintained factory > log on the next day to cobblestone generator leaking lava and water everywhere!

Example: areas in spawn broken, chests gone, no machines nearby!

Example: "Can you come figure out who griefed my house D: D:D :D :" -concerned user

"Logblock: this block is not registered as being changed" (or whatever it says)

"Welp, I dunno D: sorry!" -me

as you can probably tell, this is quite an annoying circumstance. I've tried the ever popular google.com (maybe you've heard of it?) and have come up with nothing other than a couple posts on how endermen like to jack blocks! If this is the case, these endermen sure are working overtime!

Any help would be...well helpful. THanks in advance <3!

Plugins:

AutoRank

BuyCraft

ChatManager

CHestShop

CookieMonster

craftscripts

Essentials et. al

iconomy

lwc

mcjobs

mobdisguise

Pex et. al

Multiverse and inventories

Nick_Namer

noitem

ProtectionStones

SimpleAfkKick

SimpleFly

SimpleMute

Votifier

VotifierScripts

WorldEdit

WorldGuard

and all applicable dependencies.

I've been called in to try to debug this, so I'll do my best. First let's get the following out of the way:

If you haven't yet, check out

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/attempted-to-place-a-tile-entity-massive-chunk-errors-not-a-tekkit-bug.340/

Let's also try to pick out some common factors. Are all the 'vanishing' blocks of a certain type? And can we try to make a list of the coordinates where the errors have or are occuring? You said you've seen it with your own eyes, do you mean blocks vanished/changed in front of you while nobody was interacting with that chunk? That would be one hell of a bug.

I cannot find any consistent blocks, in that, they are both vanilla and tekkit mod blocks. It has occurred, with every block I can think of. It seems to happen mostly at spawn from what I can tell. Also it happens in my personal factory on the server. The only common factor I can think of is both areas are loaded with chunk loaders ie. world anchors/dimensional anchors.

I checked out this thread and while I'm getting the same errors, I'm not certain its related as I get the errors when blocks don't disappear and blocks disappear even when I do not get the errors. Also, I've not had problems with what seem to be blocks regenerating as if changing Biomes. Lastly, my server rarely to never crashes, so it being caused by a corrupt level.dat file is improbable. I appreciate all the help I'm getting on this. THank you so much for your time. :)

I would just like to mention one last thing: Jorcer asked if there were any changes and I said no, however this is untrue. I realized that we moved worlds and I worldedit'd the spawn to the new world (obviously negating any microblocks/redpower bc they don't copy D: D: D: ). Also, we have since switched hosts (by this I mean we were being hosted now we are dedicated) so the world was copied, but this was happening before this. And lastly, this occurs in my factory which has not been world edit'd in any way as well as several people's builds other than mine.

Again thanks for the time.

Jorcer asked if there were any changes and I said no, however this is untrue. I realized that we moved worlds and I worldedit'd the spawn to the new world (obviously negating any microblocks/redpower bc they don't copy D: D: D: ). Also, we have since switched hosts (by this I mean we were being hosted now we are dedicated) so the world was copied, but this was happening before this. And lastly, this occurs in my factory which has not been world edit'd in any way as well as several people's builds other than mine.Again thanks for the time.

I have heard on the MCF (shudder, I should make you pay me for going over there to do research ;)) that sometimes when you use World Edit to move stuff around it can corrupt the data, making blocks vanish, that could be a cause.

One thing to add is that all of the blocks vanishing were placed by players not generated.

As for the chunks, it wasn't as drastic as the ones in the link you posted, it is mainly 3 or four blocks (from what I have seen) that just disapear