adding a mod to tekkit:

EggsAreAwsome

Ok im actually taking the time to explain this. Next time use google or something -_-..

Download the forestry port. Not gonna explain where it is just google.

Put it into the mods folder of you server

Open EE2 with winrar

Delete forestry

There is some number that is uncomptible. Something like 4096. Change it to have it a value less.

Make the clients do that too.

Done.

NEXT TIME USE GOOGLE !!

Nt sure if he is on about the easiest way above, but here is the way from the tekkit wiki and it works well for me

Simple instructions to add forestry back to tekkit (Drag and Drop)

Start by downloading the files you require.

Forestry version 1.4.8.6

http://www.mediafire.com/?y9sl6l6r818ww16 Client

http://www.mediafire.com/?o1etqqymxmv7jxh Server

Client Installation

Windows

Start > Search > %appdata%\.techniclauncher\tekkit\

Extract into the tekkit folder (replace existing files)

Mac

User > Library > Application Support > techniclauncher > tekkit

Extract into tekkit folder (replace existing files)

Server Installation

All OS

Extract to server directory (Replace all files)

This has been tested on Tekkit Server 3.1.2

I dont suppose you cold elaborate a bit Scott. I see that those are the same directions on the Wiki but I feel like the server installation is very vague. Do I just extract into only the server directory I would assume it needs to be placed in the mods folder from everything else Iv seen but that doesnt seem to work. When I launch the server and read through the text at the top I get something along the lines of "file Tekkit+-+Forestry+-+Server.zip contains no mods".

It might also be note worthy to mention that installing the client side doesnt seem to work either...booting a single player tekkit shows no beekeeping or forestry addition.

I'm most likely doing something novice but Iv been working at this for a few hours with no luck and its starting to get on my nerves lol.

I'm pretty sure he's linking to the wrong server there. Google McPortCentral, that should have the link for a Forestry download which will work on a Tekkit server(Click "Get Ports", then "1.2.5", then find Forestry)

Google forestry nei patch or something.

Now come on of course of done plenty of that. Iv downloaded about every version of the NEI I have been able to find but I still result in freezing then crashing when looking up a forestry items recipe. Im guessing that I need a specific NEI for Forestry version 1.4.8.6 but I have not been able to find any information on this

Ha! Just got it working guys! Guess I just had to take a step back for a night and try again! Thanks for everyones help! Greatly appreciate it!

Now come on of course of done plenty of that. Iv downloaded about every version of the NEI I have been able to find but I still result in freezing then crashing when looking up a forestry items recipe. Im guessing that I need a specific NEI for Forestry version 1.4.8.6 but I have not been able to find any information on this

Ha! Just got it working guys! Guess I just had to take a step back for a night and try again! Thanks for everyones help! Greatly appreciate it!

Just for other having the same NEI problem

https://bitbucket.org/mistaqur/nei_plugins/wiki/NEI_1.2.2.4

The version found there is working for me :)

Okay. there are a lot of comments, I did not expect so many. But: Mcport will not have it, as the forestry downloads section links to the only LEGAL one. (or at least thats what it says...) I have found that, I know that I need a bukkit port which is why me and my friend can't use the ICBM mod. the problem is, I have tried a lot of the versions and I cant find the right one. Also, add in finding the right client version... that just made it way harder. And yes, forestry is compatable. I use it on my single player world along with extra bees and vis bees :) . hmmm... sure I forgot something :P

I dont suppose you cold elaborate a bit Scott. I see that those are the same directions on the Wiki but I feel like the server installation is very vague. Do I just extract into only the server directory I would assume it needs to be placed in the mods folder from everything else Iv seen but that doesnt seem to work. When I launch the server and read through the text at the top I get something along the lines of "file Tekkit+-+Forestry+-+Server.zip contains no mods".

It might also be note worthy to mention that installing the client side doesnt seem to work either...booting a single player tekkit shows no beekeeping or forestry addition.

I'm most likely doing something novice but Iv been working at this for a few hours with no luck and its starting to get on my nerves lol.

I found that downloading this version: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44760587/forestry/releases/1.4.8.7/forestry-client-A-1.4.8.7.jar

works, and you might want to install the extra bees mod and vis bees mod as well if you like Bees :)

I hear that there is a NEI plugin as well. funny thing: the smaller mods, like the new version of the forcefield mod, already have the recipes...?