Opening Technic Launcher

TheMinecrafter713

Question

17 answers to this question

On the dowload page, click on the windows download (the very first one out of the 3 choices). Don't download the .jar unless you're using firefox because if you're using windows internet explorer it will download as a .ZIP file.

i heard from other people that if windows version isn't working for you then to download the .jar so that's what im doing

The Windows version isn't working for me [or to be precise, my son :) ] I downloaded the Linx/Jar with Internet Explorer, and like OG Chubs has said, it gets saved as a .zip file, which is very confusing. I changed the filetype in Windows from .zip to .jar, and it works fine, which is good because the .exe is refusing to work.

(Perhaps the fact that the .jar file gets converted to .zip when you download using MS IE needs to go in the FAQ? Or maybe the website owners that host the file for download need to fix it on the server?)

The Windows version isn't working for me [or to be precise, my son :) ] I downloaded the Linx/Jar with Internet Explorer, and like OG Chubs has said, it gets saved as a .zip file, which is very confusing. I changed the filetype in Windows from .zip to .jar, and it works fine, which is good because the .exe is refusing to work.

(Perhaps the fact that the .jar file gets converted to .zip when you download using MS IE needs to go in the FAQ? Or maybe the website owners that host the file for download need to fix it on the server?)

Srry im brand new can you dumb it down for me like what specific files... thx

I'm brand new too ;)

1. At the Technic installer page, click the green download button.
  2. Choose the Linux/JAR button
  3. When Internet Explorer invites you to Run, Save, or Save As, choose "Save As"
  4. Change the filename so that it ends in ".jar" instead of ".zip"
  5. After it has downloaded, when you double-click it, it should run as a Java program

Ok, first off, go to the folder where you have the .zip version. Rightclick the .zip. Select the "Rename" option. Highlight .zip in the name, hit backspace, type .jar, hit enter. It will give you a warning about changing the file extension, ignore this warning as this is a needed step. After you've renamed the file, rightclick it again, select "Open with" and find Java in the list, run it with Java, and you are done.