java virtual machine could not be created

ProWannabe

Question

Launcher Version: 7.2 (used jar, exe, nothing works)

Operating System: Intel® Core 2 CPU T5600 1.83Gh.z 1Gb of ram 32bit, windows

Java Version: 7u7 (the newest version)

Antivirus Program: avg antivirus

Description of Problem:

Whenever i try to launch minecraft or technic, i get a pop up that says:

Error: could not create the java virtual machine

Error: a fatal exception has occured. Program will exit.

and i tried many solutions, but always its the same result.

Error Messages:

Error: could not create the java virtual machine

Error: a fatal exception has occured. Program will exit.

Error Log:

java virtual machine launcher

21 answers to this question

My guess here would be that you have a load of other stuff running that is hogging the memory. And 1Gb isn't much these days. Try shutting down all other running programs.

I tried turning off all of my programs at startup, and i roamed through a lot of stuff that takes on memory. The pc pretty good from just playing simple games or going to the internet. So if anyone has any info about this error please let me know. If you absolutely anything I will try it. I just don't care what do i need to do to make a difference.

But it worked fine, with no problems for like half a year. And one of my friends has a 512 megabytes pc and he has no problems with it.

Yes, but those are the minimum for Minecraft and the mods put a lot of extra strain on your machine. That and updates may add a mod that just pushes it over the edge and your comp can't run it.

Yes, but those are the minimum for Minecraft and the mods put a lot of extra strain on your machine. That and updates may add a mod that just pushes it over the edge and your comp can't run it.

Maybe my java memory is used up? and its not enough for tekkit to run with little java capacity?

I'm having the exact same problem and i have 3 GB of ram and enough memory all i know is that i have deleted and re installed my java more then enough to know that that method doesn't work at least for me, and from what im being told is that this new technic launcher is the only way to play on my server and that i wont be able to play on it with out it soo until i figure out how to download the installer and get it to work im fucked pardon my langues im just frustrated with this damn thing

I'm having the exact same problem and i have 3 GB of ram and enough memory all i know is that i have deleted and re installed my java more then enough to know that that method doesn't work at least for me, and from what im being told is that this new technic launcher is the only way to play on my server and that i wont be able to play on it with out it soo until i figure out how to download the installer and get it to work im fucked pardon my langues im just frustrated with this damn thing

either make a new thread on the subject, as this one is very old, or find a recent one that actually deals with the new launcher and having this problem.

in either case, be sure to include any error logs or relevant error messages, and some basic system specs like in the bug report form.