New, looking for advice

Ry121

Hi everyone. I'm Ryan. Basically I'm new and I don't even know where to start. I play alot of regular minecraft and didn't even find out about tekkit till watching the Yogscast videos of tekkit. I'm looking to get into it but don't even know where to begin. I'd also like to get into a cool laid back server with a group of people just there to have fun. So could anyone give me some advice as to where to start? (Besides dowloading it, lol)....

• Moderators

A word of advice. Dont post your name, I can see your name to the left.

Otherwise, welcome.

First you gotta do is read the forums rules. It's nothing harsh. We all had to read them and follow them. No exceptions.

Secondly, dont make threads like these that offer no discussion or gameplay advice. A simple search on technic wiki or a look on the let's play's might give you better help than posting this thread.

I will give you one amateurishly fun link to youtube, might give you some idea. Other than that, figure it out. Read other threads. Don't expect anyone to hold your hand through this.

Click the grey marked words for adventure time!

1. Check the mod list and their respective wikis. Many mod wikis have beginner tutorial guides on them. The Technic Wiki is also very useful, but may be outdated.

2. Watch Let's Plays of Tekkit/Technic. As you said, the Yogscast do one, and Direwolf20 uses a custom mod pack that contains many of Technic's mods.

3. Ask around in the forums, we can provide some expert tips and all that jazz.

The Yogscast guys are great when looking for inspiration. It all depends what you want from the game. Equivalent exchange, railcraft and industrialcraft are three completely different approaches to things. Personally, I've only been playing this for about a fortnight and I'm doing a bit of each all at the same time. It's great fun and the possibilities are endless. I also run a small server for a small community which has everything enabled and the only rule is don't steal or ruin other people's work. The community is less than 10 people but we all get along great and there's no conflicts of interests, in fact we help each other loads and we consider ourselves a team. If you'd like to check it out, let me know and I'll hook you up.

Thanks guys, I look forward to learning. I'm not one to ask for handouts or anything. I usually look up things before asking. I've been watching some of duncans tekkit and all of simon and lewis's tekkit project, so I know some things already. Its a matter of putting them to use. When it comes to minecraft I'm more of a designer/builder (thats the architecture graduate coming out in me).

@Diddums - That would be awesome, I'd be interested in finding out about your community and server, I'll send you a PM....