Technic launcher updater has stopped working

Drodo2203

Question

Launcher Version: 1.3.2

Operating System: windows 7 home premium 32-bit

Java Version: 7

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

when ever i try to open the .exe file the error pops up and i have uninstalled java like 6 times and the same error pops up i tryed the . jar file but when i click it nothing happens and this is my first time using technic so i have no files which is very frustrating , ive been searching for like a week on how to fix this but no answers where very useful so please anyone help me out im tired of trying to fix this

thank you in advance :)

Error Messages:

Error Log:

24 answers to this question

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

Did you try this?

Please don't beg/bump.

The solutions my comrades have provided are the only (known) solutions to the problem you are having.

My suggestion:

Uninstall Java, then delete your .techniclauncher folder. Restart your computer (it's not required, but it never hurts to give it a break)

Reinstall the correct version of Java for you computer (ensure the bit type matches)

Redownload the Launcher.

Try to run the .exe, if this does not work, look in your .techniclauncher folder, make sure you have a .jar file in there.

If you do not, and the .exe doesn't work, do this:

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

Right click on the .jar file, open with Java.

If none of those work, try running as administrator.

Please don't beg/bump.

The solutions my comrades have provided are the only (known) solutions to the problem you are having.

My suggestion:

Uninstall Java, then delete your .techniclauncher folder. Restart your computer (it's not required, but it never hurts to give it a break)

Reinstall the correct version of Java for you computer (ensure the bit type matches)

Redownload the Launcher.

Try to run the .exe, if this does not work, look in your .techniclauncher folder, make sure you have a .jar file in there.

I just gave up on these guys, glad you were able to take up the reins

Please don't beg/bump.

My suggestion:

Redownload the Launcher.

Jorcer said:

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from
(pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

Thx for your time i tried all of them more than one but it still gives me this window when i run the . exe file and the .jar file is not opening

and thank you for your time

the window keeps saying this "Technic launcher Updater has stopped working

windows is checking for a solution to the problem"

So, I re-downloaded everything technic related, and re-installed the latest java...I'm getting the same issue.

I'm trying to open the .jar file with java, but I only get a black box for half a second, and nothing else happens.

If it helps, I'm running vista 64 bit.

Wouldn't posting my own thread with the same issue be spam?

How much information do you need? I'll do my best to give you what I can.

I would consider this spam (posting your issues in other people's threads) a lot more than posting your own thread would be.

Wouldn't posting my own thread with the same issue be spam?

How much information do you need? I'll do my best to give you what I can.

Its not spam if you have already tried other options and nothing worked. Just fill out the form and we will (hopefully) have the info we need.