Launcher Encounters a Problem

MooMooTwo

Question

Launcher Version: Latest

Operating System: XPS

Java Version: Latest

Antivirus Program: Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware

Description of Problem:

I get a message saying "Technic Launcher has encountered a problem." I checked and noticed that there is no Roaming folder or a Users folder. What to do???

Error Messages:

See above

Error Log:

None

23 answers to this question

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

First check here:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/common-problems-and-solutions.10851/

Troubleshoot:

Make sure your anti-virus and firewalls are disabled while trying to connect to minecraft.net (while logging in, connecting to a server)

Uninstall Java, then delete your .techniclauncher folder. Restart your computer (it's not required, but it never hurts to give it a break)

Reinstall the correct version of Java for your computer (ensure the bit type matches)

Redownload the Launcher.

Try to run the .exe, if this does not work, look in your .techniclauncher folder, make sure you have a .jar file in there.

If you do not, and the .exe doesn't work, do this:

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

If double click doesn't work with the .jar:

Right click on the .jar file, open with Java.

If none of those work, try running as administrator.

First check here:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/common-problems-and-solutions.10851/

Troubleshoot:

Make sure your anti-virus and firewalls are disabled while trying to connect to minecraft.net (while logging in, connecting to a server)

Uninstall Java, then delete your .techniclauncher folder. Restart your computer (it's not required, but it never hurts to give it a break)

Reinstall the correct version of Java for your computer (ensure the bit type matches)

Redownload the Launcher.

Try to run the .exe, if this does not work, look in your .techniclauncher folder, make sure you have a .jar file in there.

If you do not, and the .exe doesn't work, do this:

If double click doesn't work with the .jar:

Right click on the .jar file, open with Java.

If none of those work, try running as administrator.

Hey, I was here first!

After following all of these directions, running the .jar file with JAVA only brings up a Windows Installer window that displays different commands for installing and uninstalling, general things that don't pertain to the launcher.

Are you sure you downloaded the right file? Can I see a screenshot of the window that pops up?

Its not a problem with my OS, as it is a recent copy, and I do have a roaming folder, and a user folder. This is a problem that persisted even after I re-installed my OS recently (different reasons).

"I checked and noticed that there is no Roaming folder or a Users folder. What to do???" So that was a mistake?

Yes, how about I go get my own thread so I can get the same unhelpful advice I got here? Good idea.

No how about you make your own thread so we don't get mad at you and refuse to help you on another thread you will eventually make. By posting your own bug report you make sure that all of the info we need to help you is provided. That way we can figure out your problem a bit easier.