Can't/Computer Won't Let Me... Download Technic :(

TechnicFail

Question

Launcher Version: Windows

Operating System: Windows 7 Desktop Computer

Java Version: On the Control Panel it says 32 bit but then when I try to update it says Latest Version Already Installed

Antivirus Program: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012

Description of Problem:

When I click on the run button on the download to install technic like everyone else does. Nothing loads and in a few second it shows the message Technic Launcher Update has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

Error Messages:

Technic Launcher Update has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

Error Log:

8 answers to this question

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

Also, while downloading the Launcher and its packs, turn off AVG.

I tried what you said and saved it on the desktop.

It's name is technic-launcher-latest.jar. (I have the computer set to show what kind of file it is)

The problem is the picture for the file is a 7zip picture even though it says .jar

And when I double-click on it it says Incorrect Command Line.

I tried what you said and saved it on the desktop.

It's name is technic-launcher-latest.jar. (I have the computer set to show what kind of file it is)

The problem is the picture for the file is a 7zip picture even though it says .jar

And when I double-click on it it says Incorrect Command Line.

You have to right-click it and manually tell java to open it by using the "Open with..." option.