Terrible FPS in Tekkit

Bochet

So, recently my friend introduced me to tekkit. This was my first time playing minecraft on my new computer. And the FPS... was terrible. I was really confused because i have a decent quality computer, and yet i was getting 5-15 FPS, even on the lowest graphic settings. So I got vanilla minecraft and messed around on that. On max settings I was hovering around an average of 60fps. On the lowest graphics I was hitting about 90fps. I know these aren't impressive numbers, but they are so much better than 5-15 FPS.

Is there anything I can do to improve the FPS for tekkit? It just feels wrong that the change is that drastic. It makes it really annoying to play at all.

Thanks for any help!

Yea you can that that drunk dude notch to program mincraft in a real programming language java is not designed for this..

Language doesn't matter as much as you may think and he gets 60 fps in vanilla minecraft. Optifine or w/e should make it go higher.

---

Tekkit isn't recognizing your graphics card, you'll have to add javaw.exe (or something similar, just look for the java task), and manually add it to your graphics drivers.

Right click TechnicLauncher.exe then under "run with graphics etc" click your graphics card.

I tried to do this, but there was no "Run with Graphics" option.

Language doesn't matter as much as you may think and he gets 60 fps in vanilla minecraft. Optifine or w/e should make it go higher.

---

Tekkit isn't recognizing your graphics card, you'll have to add javaw.exe (or something similar, just look for the java task), and manually add it to your graphics drivers.

Unless I did this wrong, it's not helping.

I

I tried to do this, but there was no "Run with Graphics" option.

Unless I did this wrong, it's not helping.

If you do this properly it should work. I got a huge increase in FPS by doing this, so there's probably something here you're doing wrong. What steps did you take to switch to your graphics card?

I

If you do this properly it should work. I got a huge increase in FPS by doing this, so there's probably something here you're doing wrong. What steps did you take to switch to your graphics card?

Right clicked on desktop, opened NIVDIA control panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Clicked add > Chose javaw.exe > Clicked apply.

Misread your post. I right clicked on the program as instructed and there wasn't the option to do that. ;o

It was the first one you answered really, I never had the second one either.

I'm not really sure what else could cause lag, have you tried fiddling with the optifine settings? Perhaps the optifine in normal Tekkit doesn't work for your computer. Do you have multicore?

Right click TechnicLauncher.exe then under "run with graphics etc" click your graphics card.

I was runing into the same problem with tekkit. (Low FPS) I did what you said and i was abble to pick to run Tekkit with NVIDIA. it went from 15-20 FPS on tiny render. now i play on the highest render and have over 60 FPS. i cant bealeve i bin playing Tekkit for a year with 15FPS lol.

Thank you very much and thanks you moders. :)