Halloween Megathread

Cheap Shot

Oh, I thought you had said you had a respirator or something. Either way did it take you long?

Yeah it was a lot of work. The only part of the respirator I used was the outer shell of one of the filters. you an see it on the side there. So far I've spent about three days on it. My girlfriend tonight told me that it looked kinda "downsy" compaired to the real thing and I couldn't just shrug that off so I spent the night completely re-structuring the front. It's a lot closer to concept art image now. I'll post more pics soon.

Yeah it was a lot of work. The only part of the respirator I used was the outer shell of one of the filters. you an see it on the side there. So far I've spent about three days on it. My girlfriend tonight told me that it looked kinda "downsy" compaired to the real thing and I couldn't just shrug that off so I spent the night completely re-structuring the front. It's a lot closer to concept art image now. I'll post more pics soon.

It looked fine to me :). do you and your girlfriend make costumes every year?

EDIT: Do you have any ideas for the eyes (making them glow)

It looked fine to me :). do you and your girlfriend make costumes every year?

EDIT: Do you have any ideas for the eyes (making them glow)

We dress up every year yeah. I usually make a robot costume and she usually has 300 ideas and picks one last min.

My idea is to maybe line them with red EL wire but I'm not 100% right now and I could only find green yellow and purple EL wire when I went looking. I don't know where I'd hide the batteries. I'm running out of places to attach things and I don't want the helmet to weigh too much. It's tricky as hell.

We dress up every year yeah. I usually make a robot costume and she usually has 300 ideas and picks one last min.

My idea is to maybe line them with red EL wire but I'm not 100% right now and I could only find green yellow and purple EL wire when I went looking. I don't know where I'd hide the batteries. I'm running out of places to attach things and I don't want the helmet to weigh too much. It's tricky as hell.

What about hiding the batteries on the right side of the helmet (like the one in the pic). If it is just a couple AA batteries, they should fit right there...

Robots would take less time I would imagine...

What about hiding the batteries on the right side of the helmet (like the one in the pic). If it is just a couple AA batteries, they should fit right there...

Robots would take less time I would imagine...

Because it's getting very "right" heavy. All the junk is more or less on that side. I would stick it inside the respirator on the left side to balance things but then I wouldn't have any way to switch it on and off. I may just have to add counter weight and suck it up.

In other news I just found these.

http://www.glowstickspro.com/catalog/i313.html

Says 1-2 day shipping to my area. We'll see!

Because it's getting very "right" heavy. All the junk is more or less on that side. I would stick it inside the respirator on the left side to balance things but then I wouldn't have any way to switch it on and off. I may just have to add counter weight and suck it up.

In other news I just found these.

http://www.glowstickspro.com/catalog/i313.html

Says 1-2 day shipping to my area. We'll see!

Those look really good. When you say heavy, how heavy are we talking? That top helmet part must be pretty heavy.

Those look really good. When you say heavy, how heavy are we talking? That top helmet part must be pretty heavy.

It's not too bad but it's dense plastic. I'm going to be applying some plaster like shit to the outside of the whole mask and that will add some weight but I have to. It hardens and then I can sand it. Right now it's a mess of hot glue and box cutter slices. Gotta smooth it out so it's not obvious I've made it out of bits of foamboard. It's mostly building up weight because I have to attach so much to the right side. A big and little light, a big and little tube, an antenna, and now a battery pack most likely. Game designers do not think of this shit.

It's not too bad but it's dense plastic. I'm going to be applying some plaster like shit to the outside of the whole mask and that will add some weight but I have to. It hardens and then I can sand it. Right now it's a mess of hot glue and box cutter slices. Gotta smooth it out so it's not obvious I've made it out of bits of foamboard. It's mostly building up weight because I have to attach so much to the right side. A big and little light, a big and little tube, an antenna, and now a battery pack most likely. Game designers do not think of this shit.

Game designers just make shit look awesome, they don't make it practical (look at the "armour" that most video game women wear...) If the issue is mostly about balance, you could probably add a weight in the left round bit.

Game designers just make shit look awesome, they don't make it practical (look at the "armour" that most video game women wear...) If the issue is mostly about balance, you could probably add a weight in the left round bit.

Yeah, that's the conclusion I came too as well, and why I'm worried about it getting too heavy. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Ordered those glasses.

Well it isn't for me. Try hosting it on imgur and linking from there. It usually works better, and it's not against the rules. (It is against the rules to image leach, which is what you did.)

Works fine for me but I wish it didn't. Why would you contaminate this thread of creativity and wonder with that... thing!?

Cheap, any updates on the costume?

I'd like to note that kool aid man image showed up fine for me. Glad the leeching was taken care of though.

Status update? I've mostly finished building the mask so I've applied a layer of resin in prep to add the modeling plaster and sand it. Bought a powersander because I need it for other things as well. No idea if the resin will work or dry or anything so we'll see in the morning.

I'd post a pic of my progress but my ipad dropbox has decided it doesn't do that anymore.