Halloween Megathread

Cheap Shot

HALLOWEEN COSTUME MAKING MEGATHREAD

nXutE.jpg

It's halfway to Halloween and anyone who isn't lame is dressing up!

Because people can't read and I can't have nice things, I've merged the two halloween threads. This is now a Halloween megathread. Post anything you want about halloween! Halloween costumes, decorations, events, halloween chat, halloween halloween halloween! The best holiday.

Remember not to leech images!!!

A decent image host: www.imgur.com

Regular forums rules apply.

I'm gonna dress up as Cheap Shot for halloween! J/k, I don't dress up for Halloween anymore. I've discovered that All Hallows Eve is a great time to play computer games online, as most of the immature little babies and trolls are off trick-or-treating.

That post was so lame I died.

Wanting to make a NCR vet ranger costume for halloween.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/fallout-new-vegas-ncr-veteran-ranger-finished-101257/

Like that /\/\

I'm stuck on the helmet though. Tried unfolding a 3d model and printing it. Cut out all the bits and have to trace them onto foam core and have no idea what goes where anymore ugh. What a pain. I've got all the materials I need though.

Don't know if I can possibly do it in time though, I'm moving into a new apartment Nov 1st and have a wedding to go to the weekend before. Gotta pack. And still I find time to make nice threads for people that don't know how to read.

Wanting to make a NCR vet ranger costume for halloween.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/fallout-new-vegas-ncr-veteran-ranger-finished-101257/

Like that /\/\

I'm stuck on the helmet though. Tried unfolding a 3d model and printing it. Cut out all the bits and have to trace them onto foam core and have no idea what goes where anymore ugh. What a pain. I've got all the materials I need though.

Don't know if I can possibly do it in time though, I'm moving into a new apartment Nov 1st and have a wedding to go to the weekend before. Gotta pack. And still I find time to make nice threads for people that don't know how to read.

Are you planning on posting pics? That sounds like a really good costume if it is done well. Do you have anything for the breathing mask?

Are you planning on posting pics? That sounds like a really good costume if it is done well. Do you have anything for the breathing mask?

Yeah I'll post build pics when I have something to show. I've got a respirator I'm going to cannibalize for parts.

Gotta do everything twice. My girlfriend and I are both making ranger costumes. She's got a different costume for Halloween though. Rufio from Hook.

Yeah I'll post build pics when I have something to show. I've got a respirator I'm going to cannibalize for parts.

Gotta do everything twice. My girlfriend and I are both making ranger costumes. She's got a different costume for Halloween though. Rufio from Hook.

Rufio is that asian with the red spiky hair right? That sounds like a fun costume as well. The respirator sounds like a good idea. Something you could use for the helmet is a Swedish Steel Military helmet... It might to too heavy/ungainly though. They do look very similar to the Rangers helmet though. Pretty sure there is a site that you can order them from for like 25$ or so...

EDIT: Here is a pic of the helmet: lv2of.jpg

Oh, no cant use a real helmet. Have to be able to cut it. I've already taken care of the heltmet need. Got some pretty sturdy prop helmets that I'll be able to cut no problem.

That kind of what I figured. Looking forward to seeing pics.

I'm not looking forward to the jacket. I've bought a cheap brown leather trench that's too large. Going to try and cut it down and use the spare leather to add the duster shoulder cover and make the collar taller. Working leather is a pain though. No clue if I can do it properly.

The benifit of doing a fallout costume though is that no matter what crude hackjob you do it fits the theme! :D

I'd love to do a video game themed halloween costume, sadly and awesomely though, my kids get to every year. This year, It's Mario and Luigi. I was going to be Bowser and the wife was going to be Peach but we got too busy for our costumes, but the kids costumes are done.

Edit: /\ I wanted to do a 4 legged stilts costume this year but because of the move I don't have the time/space/budget. Maybe next year.

I'd love to do a video game themed halloween costume, sadly and awesomely though, my kids get to every year. This year, It's Mario and Luigi. I was going to be Bowser and the wife was going to be Peach but we got too busy for our costumes, but the kids costumes are done.

That's a shame. Would have been pretty great.

Edit: /\ I wanted to do a 4 legged stilts costume this year but because of the move I don't have the time/space/budget. Maybe next year.

That's a shame. Would have been pretty great.

Last year we did it right! I was the Cat in the Hat, the kids were Things 1 & 2, and the wife was the Big Red Box. It was awesome and they got so much stuff it was ridiculous.