Power Telepor pipes not working

Cougar281

I've been playing on a 3.1.2 Tekkit server for some time. I've been using the Teleport pipes on this server since day one, and on another server prior. I have used them primarily to get power to my Quarry, and the mined blocks back to my home for sorting and disposal as needed. The pipes had been working perfectly for a long time, then suddenly, for no reason, they stopped working. The power teleport pipes appeared to be the first. My quarry had stopped running and initially the way the laser head was up at the top, I thought it had hit bedrock, but it hadn't. Turned out it wasn't getting power.

I tried everything I could think of. Did experimenting with both send and receive withing a few blocks of each other, but they would not send power. The Batbox supplying power to the EnergyLink and send pipe showed energy usage, but there was none being received or used anywhere. Had another player take a look and he couldn't get them to work right either. Got them to work once, then we took them down and put them back , but again, they would not work.

Last night I removed every TP Pipe I placed and waited for the server to reboot and tried agin, with no success. Someone suggested doing the following: Try replace it once again without powering the Sender-Pipe. Then you set the frequency, but leave "receiving: false". Power the sender and then you set the receiver ":true". This worked for one pair, but when I added another receive pipe, no power.

Now it seems the other pipes aren't working.... I re-placed a pair of waterproof TP Pipes to transport Lava to my Geothermal generators, which was also working before, but they do not work either (they are in adjacent chunks that are loaded with a dimensional anchor).

Does anyone have any idea why the pipes suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason, or any thoughts on how to actually fix them?

I've tried about everything I can think of. Changing frequencies, location, orientation, etc. Nothing helps.

There's not much to take pics of... On the send side, it goes Energy Link -> Wooden conductive pipe -> Power Teleport pipe

On the receive side it's Power Teleport Pipe -> Wooden Conductive -> Quarry.

Obviously, the frequencies are set the same and on the receive side, the TP Pipe is set to 'Can Receive: True'

That's the setup I've been using since day one and it has been working perfectly until now. I've tried variations on the pipes, such as Wood Cond -> Gold Cond, Gold Cond -> Wood Cond etc, as well as changing location and orientation, all with no change in (mis)behavior.

well, I've been using wood from the beginning and it has worked.... having said that, Your suggestion of using stone on the output didn't work directly.... I FINALLY got my quarry working. What appears to have worked is I set the receiving pipe, then returned to the send pipe and removed the wood pipe connecting it to the Energy Link and re-placed the wood pipe. The quarry then started working.... I'm not going to mess with it again until the quarry finishes. I'll experiment some more later I think.

i don't care what you've used from the beginning. There are cardinal rules with regards to pipes.

1. wooden pipe ONLY for removing/taking from a source.

2. teleport pipes to ANY pipe except wooden

As far as conductives, I always use golden's as my in between pipe eg: device>wooden>golden>teleport or teleport>golden>device

I think alot of the issues that revolve around teleport pipes disappearing on smp is from too short of a pipe run before/after the teleport. Lengthening before the teleport seems to make the pipe more stable from experience.

I will keep that in mind.... I added a second TP Pipe to the EL to test some more... With it EL -> Wood -> Stone -> TP, I could not get it to send power, even if I removed one or both of the pipes in between the EL & TP. When I put it back to EL -> Wood -> TP, it worked as soon as I put the wood pipe back.

I'll do some more experimenting with longer pipes and see what I get.

Thanks for your input.

Yes, you must use wooden to extract power from the EL. I was also under the impression that you needed to use the wooden to 'extract' the power form the receiving TP Pipe; I was wrong about that one :).

So far, for me, the only thing that's worked on the sending side is EL -> Wood pipe -> Power TP Pipe. Nothing else has worked. If I put anything else in there between the wood & TP Pipe (Stone, gold, etc), the recieving end cannot get power. If I use wood, place and set everything, then come back and remove and re-place the wood pipe, power starts flowing. The receiving side seems to me more or less indifferent, but I'll look to put three sections of stone or gold in.

In my experience TPs are just screwy in general. I hate using them. I've had setups that work in SMP and then after accidentally knocking one of the pipes off and then replacing it, wouldn't work anymore (yes the frequencies were correct).

I use ender chests + pneumatic tubes whenever possible, and always use pneumatic tubes in place of BC pipes. They're far superior and won't bug out on you.

In my experience TPs are just screwy in general. I hate using them. I've had setups that work in SMP and then after accidentally knocking one of the pipes off and then replacing it, wouldn't work anymore (yes the frequencies were correct).

I use ender chests + pneumatic tubes whenever possible, and always use pneumatic tubes in place of BC pipes. They're far superior and won't bug out on you.

I year you. At this point, I'm only using a few TP Pipes. The problems are Ender chests are disabled on the server I'm playing on, so there is really no good way to get items from quarries far off to home, and there is no other way that I'm aware of to send power over distances like that. Yes, one could set up power at the quarry, but having to take it down and move it every time the quarry finished and is moved is almost as much of a pain as the TP Pipes.

I had played with the pneumatic pipes a little while ago, but the problem is IMO, there's no good way to get them out of a chest and sort them like with the BC pipes. Yes, there is the sorting machine, which frankly, is the best way to accomplish the task, BUT it requires Bluetricity, Which I'm not overly interested in messing with... The other problem with the Sorting machine is it seems whenever an item that matched a filter showed up in the chest, the sorting machin stopped working. I just tested it in SP and it did the same thing...

I have the very same problem as Cougar281, I could copy the first post and paste it here. It all worked fine for some time, and when I wanted to power a quarry today - nothing.

I did not change anything nor did another player change any of my pipes etc.

I hope someone has an idea.