Why can't I connect to my server through FTP?

Hotelmariofan

Alright, I have recently set up a tekkit server on another PC in my house, its up and running just fine and I can connect to it with the PCs internal IP (10.0.0.3) Now, when I try to connect via FTP, with that IP, my username and password, it tries a couple of times but fails both times. When I set the port to 25565 in filezilla, I get "connection successful, waiting for welcome message", but then it fails. At least when I do that it actually shows up in the server log on the other PC. I have vnc set up so I can check if filezilla is working, and no matter what ports I forward or settings I change, I can't see to get it working. I'd appreciate any help, thanks in advanced.

Uh, a Tekkit server isn't an FTP server, are you actually running one on that PC? By the sounds of it (trying to use port 25565? that's the Minecraft server port), you don't. FTP isn't magic, you have to actually run an FTP server in order to connect to it with an FTP client.

to be concise and clear, it's because you aren't running an FTP server.

Alright, well after feeling stupid for a bit, I looked into it and followed the necessary steps to set up a server. Now I'm faced with this "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server." I have spent hours looking through google and following different steps to fix this issue and I still get that same error no matter what settings I change. Even when I run the network configuration wizard, it says I should have no problems. I have made sure that windows firewall is not the issue, as I still get the error message when it is off on both PCs. I'm not sure what to do from here.