Under Ground Quarry Help

Deeks

I can not get my quarry to work

Image of setup:

My MFSU is at full power and the spot on the mfus is pointing at the energy link

But it just wont start to mine... the quarry works fine above ground...

Did some more playing and the MFSU is loosing power so something is taking it...

See if you can get power using teleport pipes.

MFSU > Energy Link > Wooden Conductive Pipe > Power Teleport pipe

Quarry > Wooden Conductive Pipe > Power Teleport Pipe (can recieve: true)

I belive i have done what you said to do and here is a pic still not working.

My MFSU is at full power and the spot on the mfus is pointing at the energy link

Energy Links are interesting critters. What you really want to do is go MFSU > MV trans > LV trans > Batbox > Energy Link > Quarry, otherwise the Energy Link will pull all of the MFSU's 512 EU/tick and only use about 24 EU/tick of it to keep the quarry running full speed.

I don't think an Energy Link pulls a full 512 EU/t from MFSU unless actually using that much for something. Without any transformers, when I powered 1 refinery the Energy Link was pulling 72 EU/t, or 144 EU/t powering 2 refineries. Although, an Energy Link does pull some power all the time, even when not powering anything, so it is best to disconnect input to an Energy Link when not required.

One poster kept trying to figure out why his quarry would not work when he knew he was near spawn (which was protected).

I plan on using this setup in my in progress map

See if you can get power using teleport pipes.

MFSU > Energy Link > Wooden Conductive Pipe > Power Teleport pipe

Quarry > Wooden Conductive Pipe > Power Teleport Pipe (can recieve: true)

And power would be coming from a nuclear reactor. I also plan on having multiple quarrys. Should I stay witht he MFSU to Energy link setup, or go all the way down to the batbox before sending off the power remotely?

I also noticed while testing this setup that even after turning off the power the quarry still ran, so does it store energy as well?