Download Error

psycosquirrel

Question

Launcher Version: current

Operating System: windows

Java Version: java 7

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

Whenever I try to download technic launcher from the website or from the link on my desktop an error pops up saying "Unable to download launcher. Please check your internet connection....". I tried downloading from several locations so i know its not the internet. please help

Error Messages:

Unable to download technic launcher. Please check your internet connection by typing in www.techniclauncher.net in your web browser.

Error Log:

I appreciate your suggestion. Can you please elaborate on which firewalls? My antivirus is Norton, I believe. And also, this error didn't happen before. Everything was fine until this random error popped up. It seems like it happened around the time Minecraft went down. It may be a coincidence but I'm not reallysure.

I apologize if this is a stupid question...but how do i turn it off without uninstalling?

I would recommend uninstalling... (avast! or Microsoft Security Essentials are both free and better protection). Otherwise there should be a way to disable the AV for a while (I have never used Norton so I don't know what to do)

I don't want to uninstall my secuity sytem that protects my computer.....is there another possible way to fix this problem? Note that this wasn't a problem before.

Not that I know of, someone else may be able to help better. But just disabling it for a while doesn't cause a security issue.

This makes no sense though.

Before, I downloaded tekkit using the Windows or Default type of download.

But this time I used the Linux/Whatever download and it works.

But I have windows sooo O.o

I also still strongly believe that it has nothing to do with my security suite at the state were in right now.

The same error happened to another person who made his own thread on the issue, and they have a different security suite than me

Plus it said on the right hand corner, "Techniclauncher.exe is safe. (Check mark)

Below that it said "Reliable" (Flag symbol), which basically means the program crashes infrequently and thus is one of the signs that Norton approves of the download

So I think Norton is pretty cool with Techniclauncher

Hi everyone, i was wondering if you could help me out, i tried to create my own thread but for whatever reason, i "don't have privileges" to create a thread. All i wanted to ask was, ive finished installing my tekkit server, when i try and open the technic launcher, put in my username and password and then click login it starts to work, and then at 15% (sometimes25% or 4%, as ive tried multiple times) it says download failed. annd just stops? any idea what it could be?

Hi everyone, i was wondering if you could help me out, i tried to create my own thread but for whatever reason, i "don't have privileges" to create a thread. All i wanted to ask was, ive finished installing my tekkit server, when i try and open the technic launcher, put in my username and password and then click login it starts to work, and then at 15% (sometimes25% or 4%, as ive tried multiple times) it says download failed. annd just stops? any idea what it could be?

Click on the big button that says POST A BUG REPORT... That wasn't so hard was it?