Rei's Minimap Entities Help

JezuitX

Before the avalanche of "use the search" and "try google" comes let me tell you I've already done that. This is what I've tried so far.

- Tried just changing the MOTD in server properties...failed

- Tried using Essentials plugin and using MOTD.txt file...failed

- Tried to use CommandBook or whatever it's called and it won't load no matter what version of it and World Loader I use.

- I've tried different wrappers even. "&Black&Black&Dark_Green&Dark_Aqua&Yellow&White", "&0&0&2&3&7&8", etc

I'm using the Tekkit launcher with Minecraft 1.2.5. I've tried Rei's Minimap version 3.2_05 & 3.2_04. I'd really like to be able to see entities on my server. I have a feeling I'm missing something I just don't know what. Any help is appreciated, and any links that do not involve exactly what I've tried will be attempted.

There's a spoiler in the original Minecraftforums.net posts for Rei's minimap that says "How to enable cave mapping / entities radar in SMP" that explains exactly what you need to do. If you already read that, try reading it again. You could also probably find a youtube tutorial somewhere.

Cave mapping and entities radar of the SMP is disabled by default.

When the server owner (using bukkitplugin/other) sets the key word to motd(login message), they become effective.

Please set the keyword to motd referring to the following.

&0&0: prefix

&e&f: suffix

&1: cave mapping

&2: entities radar (player)

&3: entities radar (animal)

&4: entities radar (mob)

&5: entities radar (slime)

&6: entities radar (squid)

&7: entities radar (other living)

That's pretty much the whole spiel she gives in her forum post. The only thing I could fathom she's talking about is the MOTD in server.properties. If there's another one please I'd love to know. Also as I mentioned I did try using the CommandBook plugins as well and still it did not work. I also have looked for YouTube videos to show me exactly how to do it and so far I've come up with nothing. Anyone have a link to some or know what Lothos is talking about when he says I'm editing the wrong wrong MOTD?

EDIT: After even more searching I found a way to remove the ridiculous limitation of the Rei's Minimap. Simply go to this website.

http://minecraftmonkey.wordpress.com/2012/04/24/reimonkey/

Download the files and put them in your minecraft.jar. Now the entities work no matter what the server admins do on the server. I'm telling you I've done a lot of modding and this is by far the most ridiculous amount of hoops I've ever had to jump through to get something so small to work. I'm sure most of it is due to Rei's limited English or something, but I'm glad to finally just have a solution.

the motd is not IN the server properties. if you'd notice thats simply a text line for what appears on the login list when viewing the server. When i was putting this up on my server I found the answer in his forum post which you failed to paste. The file is different depending on what motd editor plugin you use. hence why nobody giving you a clear answer. in my case with Essentials its a motd.txt in the essentials subfolder under plugins.

as to the disabled bit and your hack, they're disabled to prevent truly cheating griefers from using it as a means of getting around defenses.

• 3 months later...

so I have a Tekkit lite server. I don't have any server plugins, just using the motd in the server.properties. I put in "&0&0&1&2&3&4&5&6&7&e&f" with no luck. Can I use the generic bukkit motd or do I have to use a different plugin?

again, THAT is not the MOTD. All that does is set the server message on the server list. You need an actual MOTD.txt loaded by probably an essentials plugin or some other.

as example:

&cWelcome, {PLAYER}&c!

&0&0&1&2&3&4&5&6&7&e&f

&fType &c/help&f for a list of commands.

Currently online: {PLAYERLIST}

My motd.txt file located in the essentials plugin subfolder.