Computer to play Tekkit?

Developer

Hi all, this is my first post so bare with me...

I've played Minecraft since Beta 1.8 and Vanilla Minecraft runs on my Dell Vostro i3 Windows 7 laptop on about 15-30 fps.

Now i always found that it was enough to play, but servers lag as hell for me and Vanilla SP usually gives me that lagging stuff with opening chests and double placing blocks etc..

So i went looking for a better CPU and found the Alienware x51 i5 with Nvidea GeForce quite good. Now the CPU's basic price is 699$ and with some addons ill be charged around 700, 780.

But i read on the MC forums that Alienware ''Sucks big time'' with all kinds of dumb issues. So my question: What CPU should i buy that is

- a desktop (doesn't need to have a Monitor included)

- Runs Tekkit on SP and MP on about 70-90 FPS (or even hundred idunno, atleast high frame rates with no lag even while recording)

-Isn't build by me with parts. This means no homemade computer since i don't know anything about them and how to build 'em.

-the CPU isn't ment for super high Bf3 settings or anything, just for playing Minecraft and some other Sandbox games.

~Developer

thx in advance :)

alienware is simply a brand, its not the hardware itself. They were very good once and now tend to be a bit pricey. Any machine with a decent 3.5+ ghz multi core cpu and 64bit OS with 4+gb of ram should run tekkit just fine. Get a decent video card with some ram on it and you can even turn the bells and whistles on.

A computer to play technic is a good question and one that many have pondered. In previous ages any old computer that is PC or PC compatible would be highly recommended but with technic things can get a bit more complex and it's recommended to get a 3d card that has integrated pipe-physics or even go all out and get a stand-alone pipe physics card. This only applies to single player as on a multiplayer server the server will be handling all the pipes which is why technic servers need pro hosting with many K's of ram. Hope this post helped and happy crafting.