Is it possible to change where the Tekkit Launcher writes to?

jt98989

Why would you write it to temp? It'd be erased if someone were to Disk Cleanup..

Use a USB flash drive and install technic there (you even get a local copy of java there!) and no harm done (unless your school computers don't have USB ports, which then means they suck)

It is not working for me. I want it to write to my appdata/local/temp. My jar is named .minecraft (i think). Could you put the code in context? Thanks.

.minecraft Is the directory where vanilla is installed. Techniclauncher's default location is .techniclauncher .

Move .techniclauncher to whatever location you want it and put a batchfile in the same location as the directory with :

set APPDATA=%CD%

java -jar .techniclauncher\technic-launcher.jar

That should work I think (if there is java 7 installed added to PATH or whatever its called in win)Just make sure that you put the batchfile in the same location as your .techniclauncher directory.

Thanks for the help. The school comps are heavily restricted and the local\temp is the only place we can run anything that is restricted. They run wipes every week, but i put it one folder deeper inside of a folder for adobe.

EDIT:

It still is writing to the roaming folder. It wont write to my appdata\local\temp\BTN%Copy%1

Any other ideas?

EDIT 2: Do I have to change anything in the code you pasted? If so, then it might work because I am stupid with this stuff.