My server Ip in letters

well the best route is the pay one..get a domain name (TheElites.com) if its available.

Then you can have a website at theelites.com, and point like tekkit.theelites.com via a dns entry to your server IP.

with a paid domain the options are endless

you can point any subdomain, like something.TheElites.com, to any ip you want.

So have

www.TheElites.com as the website

tk.TheElites.com as the server address

ts.TheElites.com as your teamspeak server

vent.TheElites.com as a vent server

ect ect.

• 2 weeks later...

No-ip.info do it for free, otherwise its about $7/yr

Get a .mc (Monaco) domain for Minecraft or .tk (Tokelau Island) domain for Tekkit, like a baw55. :)

What does sighning your post mean? Cause' i dont know what i did worng, and im srry if i am acting like a idiot

You wrote your name at the end of your post. Moderators are allergic to this so it's against the forum rules.

I use freedns.afraid.org to do what you are talking about. They are also free, but you only get a sub domain (elite.mooo.com for example).

You don't need to make a separate URL for connecting to the Tekkit server (like tekkit.elite.com), unless you want to.

The port number is the important part. You can run a web server and a Tekkit server on the same machine and have both of them be accessible with the same URL.

You wrote your name at the end of your post. Moderators are allergic to this so it's against the forum rules.

It is also a very silly thing to do.

It's very simple, all it requires is a DNS edit of the desired domain.

Simply add a new DNS entry. When configuring it you will have a few options, one of them is to select the type of subdomain you want - It's types like A, CNAME, MX and etc. For what you want choose the type "A." After that enter in the desired subdomain "subdomain.domain.com" that you want people to enter to connect to the server, and than in the "Target" box put in the IP address of the Minecraft server (DON'T PUT IN THE PORT.)

Now my explanation won't be exactly the same as to how the panel may title everything, but should be similar enough for you to understand how to configure it.

• 2 weeks later...