Why can no one place lava?

Hotelmariofan

For some reason if any one is not OP'd in my server, they cannot place lava out of a bucket. Is there some way to change this without OPing thing? I'm running the following plugins.

- essentials

- PEX

- Modify World

- RemoteToolKit

I'm running a few others but they are irrelevant. Thanks in advanced.

No, I'm saying if you were running a world protection plugin, it would be the plugin keeping them from placing lava. Since I'm guessing that's not the case, then they have to be OP to place lava. Someone else may know another way, but that's the only way I know of.

What permissions have you given players for modifyworld? (Since that is essentially a "protection plugin")

I think I have something along the lines of "- modifyworld.*" for all players (or at least the group that should be allowed to.) So I don't think placing lava should be an issue. Maybe if I put "- modifyworld.empty.bucket.lava" in PEX, I'll try that and report what my results are.

You may have it disabled in the essentials config.yml. Open that file, search for "Which blocks should people be prevented from placing" and check the item ids listed under it, as well as the item use list below.

If that doesn't work, what other plugins do you have?

You may have it disabled in the essentials config.yml. Open that file, search for "Which blocks should people be prevented from placing" and check the item ids listed under it, as well as the item use list below.

If that doesn't work, what other plugins do you have?

Wow, well that was it. Apparently for some reason, by default, essentials disables the placement and use of lava buckets, lava, TNT, and a couple of other things. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.