Custom Mod Pack Starts with no mods!

So, from the title, you can tell that my custom modpack [found here] does not have any mods when loading. I think the problem is that forge isn't being installed, but I can't figure out how to do that so it happens when you install it. The modpack.jar file is just the forge one renamed, that's what I'm supposed to do right? All the mods are 1.7.10, but it's acting like I'm playing vanilla. Again, if you missed the link to it: ClickHere

• Discord Moderator
  • Any time the pack data or metadata is altered it is imperative that the pack version number be incremented.
  • As stated before, your modpack.jar is invalid. The modpack.jar file is simply the correct version of the Forge universal binary JAR file renamed to "modpack.jar".
  • Your modpack contains no config files. In 1.7.10 that will seldom be fatal, but the config files provide the only way to balance mod interection, ensure compatibility, and customize settings to your liking. All modpacks should contain a full compliment of config files.
  • Some of your mod files contain "(1)" in the file name. This happens on Windows when a file is downloaded to a folder which already contains a file with that name. This is not always an issue, but it has been known to cause problems with some mods.
  • The Forge universal JAR does not belong in the /mods/ folder. Please note that Forge 1.7.10-1180 is VERY old. You should be using a current version (1614).
  • You have "iChunUtil-4.2.2-deobf.jar" which is only useful for mod developers. You need the release version of that mod.
  • You have MineMenu for Forge/MC 1.8.9 instead of 1.7.10.
  • Your ChickenBones mods are fatally out of date (CodeChickenCore and NEI).
  • ForgeMultipart belongs in /mods/1.7.10/ not the /mods/ folder.

3 hours ago, plowmanplow said:
  • Any time the pack data or metadata is altered it is imperative that the pack version number be incremented.
  • As stated before, your modpack.jar is invalid. The modpack.jar file is simply the correct version of the Forge universal binary JAR file renamed to "modpack.jar".
  • Your modpack contains no config files. In 1.7.10 that will seldom be fatal, but the config files provide the only way to balance mod interection, ensure compatibility, and customize settings to your liking. All modpacks should contain a full compliment of config files.
  • Some of your mod files contain "(1)" in the file name. This happens on Windows when a file is downloaded to a folder which already contains a file with that name. This is not always an issue, but it has been known to cause problems with some mods.
  • The Forge universal JAR does not belong in the /mods/ folder. Please note that Forge 1.7.10-1180 is VERY old. You should be using a current version (1614).
  • You have "iChunUtil-4.2.2-deobf.jar" which is only useful for mod developers. You need the release version of that mod.
  • You have MineMenu for Forge/MC 1.8.9 instead of 1.7.10.
  • Your ChickenBones mods are fatally out of date (CodeChickenCore and NEI).
  • ForgeMultipart belongs in /mods/1.7.10/ not the /mods/ folder.

Ok, I will update with version names. As I said in my original post, my modpack.jar IS the forge renamed. I said that already. I have the config folder, where do I get the config files from? I thought I removed the forge universal jar from the mods, I'll double check that/fix it. I will get the right iChun, MineMenu, ChickenBones mods, and move the right mods to the right folders.

I will post with a response after I do this, and say if it worked or not. Thank you.

Ok! Now it is launching, and I can tell the mods are working because of the little CP modloader thing popping up (or whatever its called), but it crashes instantly. I don't even get to see the loading screen with the MOJANG on it. It's probably because of the configs, right? How I don't have any? I don't know how to get them though. Do I just make them? What would they be called, and how do I do it?

So I found the log files, and I found something that stood out:

[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy Artifice-1.7.10-1.1.5R-399.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in Artifice-1.7.10-1.1.5R-399.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy AutoSapling-1.1.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in AutoSapling-1.1.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy AutoSwitch-v5.1.1-mc1.7.10.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in AutoSwitch-v5.1.1-mc1.7.10.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy Baubles-1.7.10-1.0.1.10.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in Baubles-1.7.10-1.0.1.10.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy BetterFps-1.0.1.jar
[15:11:32] [main/INFO] [FML/]: Loading tweaker me.guichaguri.betterfps.tweaker.BetterFpsTweaker from BetterFps-1.0.1.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy BiblioCraft[v1.11.4][MC1.7.10].jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in BiblioCraft[v1.11.4][MC1.7.10].jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy Bladecraft 2.0.0.1.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in Bladecraft 2.0.0.1.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy BloodMagic-1.7.10-1.3.3-17.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in BloodMagic-1.7.10-1.3.3-17.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy Botania r1.8-249.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in Botania r1.8-249.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy buildcraft-7.1.14 (1).jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in buildcraft-7.1.14 (1).jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy Carpenter's Blocks v3.3.7 - MC 1.7.10.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in Carpenter's Blocks v3.3.7 - MC 1.7.10.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy CharacterOnGui-1.7.10-1.3.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in CharacterOnGui-1.7.10-1.3.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy Chisel-2.9.4.10.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in Chisel-2.9.4.10.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Examining for coremod candidacy CLL-1.7.10-2.2.7.jar
[15:11:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Not found coremod data in CLL-1.7.10-2.2.7.jar

And there were a few more. But when it says "not found coremod data", what does that mean? I didn't think every single one of my mods had to have a coremod. I'm really confused...

Edited by PhantomizedGaming

• Discord Moderator
  • Config files are generated by the mods the first time they are injected into Forge. This is a compelling reason to build your pack in a development environment like my BareBonesPack . The configs will be generated as you work and can be edited as needed before assembling your final modpack archive.
  • Some of your mods still contain "(1)". Why have you not fixed this?
  • Your Explosives++ mod is from an illegitimate source. Any time you get a mod from somewhere other than the author's preferred distribution channel you run the risk of getting sketchy results. In this case the mod is horribly old (1.2a vs. 1.7b). Any mod with a name in the format "ModName-Mod-1.7.10.jar" is highly suspect (except AtomicStryker's mods provided you get them from his website).
  • The errors you reference in the in-thread paste (as opposed to a proper pastebin) are of no consequence.
  • You should be using the Chisel 2 mod, not Chisel.
  • LegacyJavaFixer should not be in the pack.

This is where I stop for now. Even in 1.7.10, you can't expect to throw 70+ mods into a folder and expect them to work properly. They might (well, they might not crash), but it's not the correct way to go about things. At this point you need to start with a dev environment and methodically build up the pack.

14 hours ago, plowmanplow said:
  • Config files are generated by the mods the first time they are injected into Forge. This is a compelling reason to build your pack in a development environment like my BareBonesPack . The configs will be generated as you work and can be edited as needed before assembling your final modpack archive.
  • Some of your mods still contain "(1)". Why have you not fixed this?
  • Your Explosives++ mod is from an illegitimate source. Any time you get a mod from somewhere other than the author's preferred distribution channel you run the risk of getting sketchy results. In this case the mod is horribly old (1.2a vs. 1.7b). Any mod with a name in the format "ModName-Mod-1.7.10.jar" is highly suspect (except AtomicStryker's mods provided you get them from his website).
  • The errors you reference in the in-thread paste (as opposed to a proper pastebin) are of no consequence.
  • You should be using the Chisel 2 mod, not Chisel.
  • LegacyJavaFixer should not be in the pack.

This is where I stop for now. Even in 1.7.10, you can't expect to throw 70+ mods into a folder and expect them to work properly. They might (well, they might not crash), but it's not the correct way to go about things. At this point you need to start with a dev environment and methodically build up the pack.

Thank you! I took your advice with the BareBonesPack, and it worked perfectly. The only thing that has to happen now is for the download link to update on the launcher, for it still says the old one instead of the new one, and that's the only reason its not working. Thanks!