I Have a modpack!

Agentx49

• Discord Moderator
  • Dropbox public links should be altered in this manner: Change "www" to "dl". Change "dropbox" to "dropboxusercontent". Remove any trailing "?dl=0" or "?dl=1"
  • The contents of your modpack are in a subfolder. The required folders (bin, config, mods) must be at the top level of the folder structure inside the modpack archive.
  • You have included the incorrect contents for your modpack. You should only include the /bin/, /config/, and /mods/ folders. Additionally, the /bin/ folder should only contain the file "modpack.jar" (which you are currently missing).

4 hours ago, plowmanplow said:
  • Dropbox public links should be altered in this manner: Change "www" to "dl". Change "dropbox" to "dropboxusercontent". Remove any trailing "?dl=0" or "?dl=1"
  • The contents of your modpack are in a subfolder. The required folders (bin, config, mods) must be at the top level of the folder structure inside the modpack archive.
  • You have included the incorrect contents for your modpack. You should only include the /bin/, /config/, and /mods/ folders. Additionally, the /bin/ folder should only contain the file "modpack.jar" (which you are currently missing).

how would I get the .jar

• Discord Moderator
  • Your URL should not have a trailing "?". I specifically stated that the trailing "?dl=0" or "?dl=1" needed to be removed.
  • Please ensure that the URL you are attempting to paste into the settings page for your pack is the "dl.dropboxusercontent" one, not the "www.dropbox" URL. The text of the URL in your last post is correct (except that you need to remove the "?"), but the target of that link is the incorrect URL.

• Discord Moderator
  • The /bin/ folder should contain one file: "modpack.jar".
  • You should probably upgrade Forge (the modpack.jar file) to #1614.
  • Your Still Hungry mod is not from a legitimate source. Always download your mods from the locations provided by the mod authors.
  • Make sure you increment the pack version number any time you alter the pack data or metadata.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Discord Moderator
  • Your pack version number is currently 1.0. This implies that you aren't incrementing it when you update your pack data or metadata.
  • Your /bin/modpack.jar is named "modpack.jar.jar". Google "windows explorer always show file extensions" to learn how to prevent this.
  • The Forge JAR does not belong in /mods/ and should be removed.

• Discord Moderator

The pack loads fine for me with all the expected mods. Try removing the pack from your launcher and re-adding it.

EDIT: The pack crashes when I try to start a SSP world. Looking into that now.

Edit 2: Removing BetterFps allowed me to start the pack successfully. With so few mods you probably don't need an FPS booster, but if you still want one try ONE of these:

Edited by plowmanplow

• Discord Moderator
  • Your Bibliocraft and CustomNPCs mods are not from legitimate sources.
  • Why have you included CustomNPCs? None of your other mods require it.
  • Your MicdoodleCore mod has a " (1)" in the filename. This happens when you download a file to a folder that already contains a file with the same name. Fix this file name.
  • Your Mekanism mods are absolutely ancient and have odd file names. Your version is 1.7.10-7.1.1.127 and the current version is 1.7.10-8.1.9.267.
  • You have no config files in your pack.