Everything Exploded!

Jay?

So, adound 12AM pacific time, I decided that i would try out the 128x SPHax that was put together for technic pack. I was playing on Terra Novos, and i used the "open texture pack folder" button to go in and drop SPHax in. but when i tried to switch over to it, my client crashed with "out of memory"

After increasing allocated ram to 2gig, i got back in, and logged back on, but immediately EVERY machine, generator, wire, and red alloy wire that i had placed, all exploded simultaneously.

I'm not submitting a bug report, an admin went ahead and rolled that area back for me, and i'm not courageous enough to try and duplicate it, I just wanted to share my confusement.

So, adound 12AM pacific time, I decided that i would try out the 128x SPHax that was put together for technic pack. I was playing on Terra Novos, and i used the "open texture pack folder" button to go in and drop SPHax in. but when i tried to switch over to it, my client crashed with "out of memory"

After increasing allocated ram to 2gig, i got back in, and logged back on, but immediately EVERY machine, generator, wire, and red alloy wire that i had placed, all exploded simultaneously.

I'm not submitting a bug report, an admin went ahead and rolled that area back for me, and i'm not courageous enough to try and duplicate it, I just wanted to share my confusement.

I recently tried the texture pack too... Loaded it up and the client hung bad but didn't seem to be frozen. RAM usage spiked drastically (I have 4Gb allocated to the client). Ended up closing the client and re-launching and the texture pack ran. It looked kind of cool but wasn't my style so back to the reg for me (saves RAM anyway).

The whole exploding thing must suck though, I don't think a texture pack can do that because that's handled by the server.

Wow... I heard of people pushing their computers so hard the CPU melted but never so hard the all there virtual electronics if a video game just exploded. I wish you have video of it XP.

Wow... I heard of people pushing their computers so hard the CPU melted but never so hard the all there virtual electronics if a video game just exploded. I wish you have video of it XP.

That's the thing, my system is pretty good. Not top of the line, but it's got no problem playing technic with 128x textures.

The video wouldn't have been very interesting. You'd hear the explosions, and you'd see a generator asome copper wire, and a batbox explode, but that's about it.