YogBox will not download.

HDScorpio

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Java Version: 6

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

Whenever I try to download the yogbox using the technic launcher it gives me an error where it fails to update. This happens just after clicking login where it checks for minecraft and yogbox updates.

Error Messages:

'Update Failed!'

Error Log:

N/A

21 answers to this question

Update your Java to version 7

How about no? That never fixes anything for me.

Whether it's irrelevant is not up to you.

However, I must ask that you search deep into your soul to provide a log. There will be one.

The last log I have was when the launcher last crashed, there is none related to this issue.

The last log I have was when the launcher last crashed, there is none related to this issue.

You sir are an asshat.

Update Java.

If that doesn't work, you post a damn log. Not so difficult.

(To the casual reader - Reason I did not highlight Java the first time is 'cause I was unsure whether Yognonsense really needed it)

...Updating Java doesn't work for issues such as a lost cat or a fire in your residence so that would explain why updating Java has "never" worked for you. 99% certain that is your issue. As Moogle said, post a log if that doesn't work, without it we can't be of any more help

...Updating Java doesn't work for issues such as a lost cat or a fire in your residence so that would explain why updating Java has "never" worked for you. 99% certain that is your issue. As Moogle said, post a log if that doesn't work, without it we can't be of any more help

99% certain and still wrong. Well done on that one Jorcer. Well done.

This bug has been repeated by many people recently, and is completely unrelated to my PC. It's an error on the Launcher's part. A log will not help you at all because the log I have most recently has nothing to do with this error unless you want a completely useless log.

Retried on my laptop which has Java 7, didn't work either. Log below.

Cleanslated my technic folder, actually causing the new log to be made, as it wasn't being made before.

[22:22:15] [sEVERE]    ------------------------------------------

[22:22:15] [sEVERE]    Launcher is starting....

[22:22:15] [sEVERE]    Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[22:22:15] [sEVERE]    Allocated 989.875 Mb of RAM

[22:22:15] [sEVERE]    Java VM: '1.7.0_05-b06'

[22:22:15] [sEVERE]    OS Version: '5.1'

[22:22:15] [sEVERE]    Is 64-bit: 'false'

[22:22:16] [sEVERE]    [info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/mirrors.yml'.

[22:22:16] [sEVERE]    Starting download of 'http://206.217.207.1/Technic/CHECKSUM.md5', with 3 trie(s) remaining

[22:22:17] [sEVERE]    Copying: \temp\file8290340194418814640.tmp to: \launcher\CHECKSUM.md5

[22:22:17] [sEVERE]    File Downloaded: \launcher\CHECKSUM.md5

[22:22:17] [sEVERE]    [MD5 Mismatch] File '\launcher\yogbox\modpack.yml' has md5 of '04b22c0c379c2abcd9e1ebbdec5af7c3' instead of '0103d69c0141f74c133947a2363c15d3'

[22:22:17] [sEVERE]    [info] Downloading 'modpack.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/yogbox/modpack.yml'.

[22:22:18] [sEVERE]    [info] Downloading 'minecraft.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/minecraft.yml'.

[22:22:35] [sEVERE]    Starting download of minecraft, with 3 trie(s) remaining

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]    Downloaded 'minecraft.jar' matches MD5 of version '1.4.4'.

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]    Starting download of 'null', with 3 trie(s) remaining

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]    java.net.MalformedURLException

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at org.spoutcraft.launcher.async.Download.<init>(Download.java:49)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at org.spoutcraft.launcher.DownloadUtils.downloadFile(DownloadUtils.java:32)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MinecraftDownloadUtils.downloadMinecraft(MinecraftDownloadUtils.java:51)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at org.spoutcraft.launcher.GameUpdater.updateMC(GameUpdater.java:129)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm$3.doInBackground(LoginForm.java:850)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm$3.doInBackground(LoginForm.java:832)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

[22:23:03] [sEVERE]        ... 16 more

It's "the" bug. You know, the one which makes Technic completely unplayable for new users and has not been fixed yet, making me unable to play Technic, only Tekkit.

It's missing a 1.4.4-1.4.2 patch. Seriously, where are the devs? D:

A log will not help you at all because the log I have most recently has nothing to do with this error unless you want a completely useless log.

Logs (if they are the correct one) are always helpful. Also, I am able to install the modpacks just fine. It seems to be only certain users who are having that issue (usually when trying to install the development version)

@Jorcer the thing with doing that is that you dont get all the mods that come with the Packs.

@Hammy1000 If Technic Doest create a button that allows you not to update Yogbox my never work again because it is no longer being updated.

Not to Mention Yogbox was working fine before i cleared the cache accidentally.

@Jorcer the thing with doing that is that you dont get all the mods that come with the Packs.

@Hammy1000 If Technic Doest create a button that allows you not to update Yogbox my never work again because it is no longer being updated.

Not to Mention Yogbox was working fine before i cleared the cache accidentally.

What do you mean? The development version isn't meant to be played... It is for testing only. Also, you can back date the YogBox just like any other pack. Just click options and choose an older build.

Logs (if they are the correct one) are always helpful. Also, I am able to install the modpacks just fine. It seems to be only certain users who are having that issue (usually when trying to install the development version)

I got the log by the way, had to try on my laptop and then it was made. See my previous posts and It's there.