Technic on lan mode with hamachi

daniellee44

I have recently been trying to play the new dev build of technic (7.3.4) with a friend using lan mode and hamachi but i have not been able to get it to work at all.

i have tried going into the windows network adapter setting and setting the metric for hamachi to 1, which seemed to at least give me my hamchi ip plus random port when i start lan mode but no one can connect.

Why can't you just host a server with it? The mods are universal (most likely), so you just have to mod the minecraft_server.jar with the base mods, and copy/paste the technicssp folder into the server folder. Hamachi is quite buggy, so it might be your problem.

If you're using hamachi to host a LAN game, the recent change in hamachi may have affected you.

They now have a 2 in front of their assigned IPs (ie. 25.x.xxx.xxx)

I figured out a quick fix for connecting to a friend's LAN game, or having your friends connect to yours.

I have Windows7 OS.

Control Panel-> Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings -> (Notice Hamchi is an 'unidentified network') Right click on Hamchi Network -> Properties -> Select Internet Protocol Version 4 ->Properties -> advanced -> Select gateway 5.0.0.1 and click edit -> change the Gateway to 25.0.0.1

I use Hamachi to play a LAN game of Minecraft. This problem just started today, but no one else has posted a fix, so I'm trying to get this one out there. :)

I hope this helps