problem

T3amTact1cal

Hey, I build a automatic generator with energy collector hooked up to a energy condenser. This works perfectly. But when I hook it up to a geothermal generator it doesn't work. Instead of putting it in the lower box, it puts it in the top box and my geothermal doesn't give energy to my quarry. I'f this is a dumb question, I'm sorry because I started technic 1 week ago. If anyone can help me, thanks in advance.

Hey, I build a automatic generator with energy collector hooked up to a energy condenser. This works perfectly. But when I hook it up to a geothermal generator it doesn't work. Instead of putting it in the lower box, it puts it in the top box and my geothermal doesn't give energy to my quarry. I'f this is a dumb question, I'm sorry because I started technic 1 week ago. If anyone can help me, thanks in advance.

Trying to jump right into Technic without any previous knowledge is pretty hard. I would recommend you to watch a tutorial video, like Duncan's (The tutorial starts at ep. 4), or at least understand thoroughly the items you're trying to use by reading their wiki articles. Google is your friend!

If you have more specific and hard questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Trying to jump right into Technic without any previous knowledge is pretty hard. I would recommend you to watch a tutorial video, like Duncan's (The tutorial starts at ep. 4), or at least understand thoroughly the items you're trying to use by reading their wiki articles. Google is your friend!

If you have more specific and hard questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I kind if did ask a question XD. Also thanks for the tip.

I kind if did ask a question XD. Also thanks for the tip.

Well, how'd I say... None of the items you mentioned work together or have anything to do with each other, and you don't know the basics of concepts like EMC, EU or pneumatic energy, so... It's pretty hard to say what exactly is wrong with your situation, since more or less everything is wrong. XD

Well, how'd I say... None of the items you mentioned work together or have anything to do with each other, and you don't know the basics of concepts like EMC, EU or pneumatic energy, so... It's pretty hard to say what exactly is wrong with your situation, since more or less everything is wrong. XD

actually, they do work together. The Energy collector get's its energy from a glow stone I placed above it so it will have constant power. I used the energy condenser to convert the energy into a lava cell. The lava cell goes into the geothermal generator giving it power. But the problem I'm having is that the lava cell goes into the box where electrical items go into, not thermal. Also I forgot to show pics. Here they are.

IkAn2.png

CCbrw.png

Oh, you're not nearly as bad as I thought. Would have helped if went in as much detail right away though. :D

You only need wooden pipes to take out items, the gold pipe is useless in this situation, and the pipe has to enter the generator from the bottom for the system to work.

Oh, you're not nearly as bad as I thought. Would have helped if went in as much detail right away though. :D

You only need wooden pipes to take out items, the gold pipe is useless in this situation, and the pipe has to enter the generator from the bottom for the system to work.

D: Thanks, It's working perfectly now. Could you help me out with idea of stuff to build next? If you don't mind :3

actually, they do work together. The Energy collector get's its energy from a glow stone I placed above it so it will have constant power. I used the energy condenser to convert the energy into a lava cell. The lava cell goes into the geothermal generator giving it power. But the problem I'm having is that the lava cell goes into the box where electrical items go into, not thermal. Also I forgot to show pics. Here they are.

IkAn2.png

CCbrw.png

MY EYES OH GOD MY EYES

Please use tubes for geos (one person on my server decided to use bc pipes and there were 50 stacks of lava cells on the ground within the hour

And secondly the cells go into the bottom

Solution A: Wooden pipe with redstone engine on the condenser, advanced insertion pipe below the geogen, putting overflow in a "waiting circle" of stone pipes. Disadvantage: Will not drop the lava cells, but may lag anyway. The pipe will flood, since the redstone engine pumps 10 times more cells the generator burns.

Solution B: RedPower filter requesting one cell, toggled by a 10sec timer. pneumatic tubes below the geogen as well.

Solution C: provider logistic pipe on the box, supply logistic pipe below the geogen, set to request a stack of cells, enable partial requests. Disadvantage: expensive. Advantage: very flexible when adding more generators, will not produce any spill at all.

really, redpower tubes are the best way to do this. just make sure you put the pipes into the bottom of the geogens, or it won't work. on a previous world, I had a tower of geogens all fueled by a single condenser with 2 mk3 collectors next to it. had like 15 generators there. it was good.