Own modpack | Different(more than one) versions

PT400C

• Moderators

If by versions, you mean updates, you go into your Tekkit modpack control panel, choose your modpack, hit Edit Modpack and click the Versions tab. Put a higher New Version Number in the box, and type something in the Changlog box. Then click the Update Version button. 

You should do this after making any changes to your pack so your players receive the updates when they click Play. 

Edited by AetherPirate

Hey,

my purpose.. I just want to give the users the ability to use older and newer versions of my packs.

But anyway, thank you for your very fast support :)

PT400C

Edited by PT400C

• Moderators

Solder is big deal to setup. If you've never made a custom pack before, this is not the way to begin. It is NOT needed unless you have a very large amount of users downloading your pack. 

Having multiple versions of your pack is probably more trouble than it is going to be worth. Make your pack, and keep it updated. Users will be prompted to update when they launch it, after you make your changes and increment your pack version number. 

Edited by AetherPirate

• Moderators

Read up at solder.io 

I have no idea about doing this on a hosted service, I have never used one. My server is in my basement. 

If you have server admin and networking experience, and know your way around Linux, you should be fine. If not, you have some learning to do. 

I've never installed it. If you really want to do this, read the install guide very thoroughly. Perhaps some else who has installed solder can help you, AFTER you have read the guide, tried the install, had issues, attempted to solve the issues, and have specific questions. 

Edited by AetherPirate