Wrong stuff in wrong pipes

Stevolution

My factory has suddenly developed an issue with sorting in the pipe system.

The diamond pipes are letting everything past - or not...

You see all the wrong items going down the various pipes, but they never actually arrive in the machine they are being piped to.

Is this just another glitch? If you smash the pipe full of the 'wrong stuff'... nothing falls out.

I would upgrade to the latest version of Tekkit, but last time I did that - months of work was trashed due to the total re-design of Tekkit.

I think that will happen again with the latest update

"You see all the wrong items going down the various pipes, but they never actually arrive in the machine they are being piped to.

Is this just another glitch? If you smash the pipe full of the 'wrong stuff'... nothing falls out."

It sounds like it's just a graphic glitch and I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've had it happen before as well. Just verify that things are ending up in the right place, if so, I wouldn't worry.

Mm... seems to be a random thing. Been trying to track gems from the quarries to see if they do go where they are supposed to.

I have also found the iron 'one way' pipes cause havoc if the pipe system isn't arranged well. Items can bounce around for ages trying to escape (e.g. Four pipes joining a main pipe, each with an iron non return at the point of connection.

All part of the fun

Something is certainly amiss somewhere. I wondered why from 2x max size quarries I was not getting a whole load of goodies.

I followed 4 gems back along the pipe (gave up on the buggy teleport pipes) and watched them enter the building.

They went down the wrong pipe in the house - past a diamond pipe set to coal only. So they looked like they were heading for my furnace.

Followed them through the floor - looked like they went into the furnace, but nothing inside.

So, went back up to the chest where they should have arrived... nothing. In fact... they have disappeared.

So that is why I have 'bugger all' to show for my 2x massive quarries.

I think I will have to dismantle all the pipes and re-install. See if that fixes it.

Arrrggh... bugs!