Domain name

Hey guys I am having some trouble thinking of a good domain name for my server if anybody has any suggestions that would be great.

Also i used http://www.dot.tk/en/index.htmlto make a test domain to make sure it would work correctly and after about a week they shut it down saying that it did not go to an actual website so i couldn't use it. If anybody knows how to get arround that or better website for making a domain name that would be great.

If you don't mind having a subdomain on someone else's domain instead of your own, freedns.afraid.org has worked well for me and it is free.

This page: freedns.afraid.org/domain/registry/ has a list of domain names that are registered with them. You can get a subdomain on any domain listed there. If a domain name's status is marked "private" then the owner can reject any subdomains that they think are offensive.

mooo.com seems to be the most popular, has been up for about 11 years and is owned by the guy running the service so it will be up as long as the service is. Domain names owned by other people may vanish without warning so you should probably pick one that has been around for a while.

It is nice and quick to setup, they have programs that will update your IP address with their service automatically listed here: freedns.afraid.org/scripts/freedns.clients.php

When I was setting my subdomain up, it was working as soon as I updated the IP address.