{SERVER SHUT DOWN} [3.1.3]Rekkit[PvP][20 slots][Towny][NO EE] Rebalanced Tekkit

Kommunističeskiĭ

=====================================================

THIS SERVER WAS SHUT DOWN. Check my last post in this thread for more info. Tekkit Forum Moderators: it would be great if you could keep this thread up for a week or two so people know what's going on.

=====================================================

IP: rekkit.noip.us:25573

Web: http://rekkit.noip.us/tekkit

Welcome to Rekkit, a rebalanced Tekkit server! Tekkit is an amazing combination of mods, but it lacks balance when it comes to survival/PvP servers. The priority of Rekkit is to bring back the fun and challenge by removing anything that involves transmutation, aka 'free stuff', as well as removing or limiting items that create balance problems with other items. Rekkit strives to have a big emphasis on PvP and warfare, therefore killing, stealing, and most kinds of griefing are not only allowed but encouraged.

Rekkit is an overhaul of an existing server. I sat down with some of the regular players and we decided that the server needed change, and we spent a lot of time tuning and balancing everything together to the best of our ability. The current map went online on November 23, 2012. I personally don't like map resets, and I've only done it once in my vanilla server which has been up for longer than a year, and then once today in my Tekkit server. Both times were to reflect major changes in gameplay and economy. You can expect this map to last several months.

This is a public 24/7 server running on a reliable VPS in Seattle, WA, U.S.A. I've been hosting two servers on this VPS for months and there have been no major lag problems so you can expect smooth gameplay.

1) REASONS TO PLAY ON REKKIT:

1. You've played 'everything enabled' servers and you're tired of having the majority of players dig straight to collector flowers and diamond block houses and completely disregarding every other mod in the pack.
  2. You've played on 'non-EE' servers that still allow UU matter and scrapbox factories which achieve the same transmutation effect as EE collectors (only with a longer setup time).
  3. You're tired of seeing people give away expensive items at the cost of dirt, and you desire a real economy where high-end items have high-end value.
  4. You always wished you had a reason to bother with oil rigs other than "it's just fun".
  5. You hate it when someone griefs you and you want revenge but they live so far away that it would take years to find their base. Yes, we have a border.
  6. You hate abusive staff. Our staff is limited to one admin and and a few carefully chosen moderators with only kick/ban/mute and strict guidelines for their usage. The owner has over one year of experience as a Minecraft server host and over half a year of experience running a Tekkit server. No 12 year olds in charge.

2) SERVER RULES:

1. NO HACKING
  2. NO BYPASSING TOWN PROTECTION OR FORCEFIELDS

1. No lava molding in or near town land (the water+lava+water+lava+water+lava trick)
    2. No griefing town land with frames or block breakers
    3. No "forcefield buster" frame ships, even in the wilderness
    4. No overlapping your forcefield with someone else's forcefield, even in the wilderness

[*]NO SPAWN KILLING

[*]NO COMBAT LOGGING

[*]NO SPAMMING

[*]DON'T GIVE THE OWNER A HARD TIME

Rules #1 and #2 are worthy of perma ban. Rule #3 is temp ban of up to two weeks depending on availability and credibility of proof, with perma ban on subsequent offenses. Rules #4 and #5 are dealt with mutes and kicks.

This is a free-for-all PvP server so griefing is allowed by any means as long as you stay away from the clever methods listed under rule #2, all of which require careful planning/execution and are almost impossible to do by accident.

Anything not in the rules should be considered allowed, but don't abuse this leniency. Any player who constantly strives to cross the limits, find loopholes in the rules, or try piss the staff off by pointing out exploitable flaws for everyone to see will be given a warning and then banned. Don't become more trouble than you're worth.

3) BANNED MODS:

• Equivalent Exchange (reason: OP and transmutation)

4) BANNED ITEMS:

• Quantum Suit Armor* (reason: OP)
  • Nano Saber* (reason: OP)
  • Electric Jetpack (reason: OP - use regular jetpacks instead)
  • UU Matter (reason: transmutation)
  • Mass Fabricator (reason: useless with UUM banned)
  • Scrap Box (reason:transmutation)
  • Energy Link (reason: devalues BuildCraft engines and oil)
  • Oil Fabricator (reason: free energy loophole)
  • Lava Fabricator (reason: easy obsidian)
  • Teleport Tether (reason: broken in Tekkit)
  • Block Cutter Upgrade** (reason: anti-Towny)
  • Cannon** (reason: anti-Towny)
  • Triangulator** (reason: crashes the server)
  • Retrievulator** (reason: this dupe bug)

* The nano saber and the quantum chestplate may or may not be enabled in the distant future, for a very high price, depending on how many people do and don't want it.

** Items marked with two stars are banned because of technical issues instead of philosophical reasons, and will be enabled if and when the technical issue involving them is resolved.

More items may be banned if they are found to disregard Towny protections or other severe safety concerns.

5) PLUGINS:

• COOL: Towny - create a town, declare war on other towns, all that fun stuff. Towns have a maximum of 2 chunks per player, but if you join a nation your town gets 100 extra chunks. This is done to encourage joining nations. If you join a nation (even by yourself) then you can virtually claim limitless amounts of land, but you are open to being declared war upon.
  • COOL: BookWorm - enables writing on books
  • COOL: Gringotts - physical currency system using Industrial Credits
  • COOL: PickBoat - boats behave like minecarts in that they don't break apart when hit
  • CampFire - brand new players get 30 minutes of PvP protection
  • Essentials - for basic commands like /home, /spawn, /tpa
  • NoLagg - don't worry about your quarries overflowing. This has got you covered!
  • NoobKit - brand new players get a kit of basic tools and food
  • SofterLandings - no more insta-death on jetpack landing (not sure if needed as of latest Tekkit version, but it's there just in case)
  • WeatherRestrictions - makes it rain less often
  • WorldBorder - limits the world to prevent people from hiding at extreme distances

6) OTHER GAMEPLAY MODIFICATIONS:

• COOL: The world is limited to a radius of 8192 and the nether ratio is set to 1:4. That means:

[*]COOL: The End world resets itself eight hours after the dragon dies. So, there will be a constant struggle to control the three Strongholds, as well as epic player-vs-player-vs-dragon battles!

[*]Dimensional Anchor limit is set to 8 per player to reduce lag

[*]Nuclear explosion radius capped to 5x the power of TNT (roughly half of the default)

[*]Water Strainers nerfed to 1EU/t (in line with water mills)

[*]Iron Golems drop nothing (reason: vanilla dupe exploit)

[*]Disabled boat placement on land (reason: clipping exploit and trolling potential)

[*]Ender Pearl teleporting disabled (reason: clipping exploit)

[*]The two alternate IC2 recipes (tin buckets and bronze rails) are disabled (reason: transmutation exploit)

[*]Burning of scrap in generators is disabled (reason: OP when paired with block breakers)

[*]Industrial Credits cannot be crafted because they are special server currency. Instead, buy them at spawn using your rare items.

[*]World Anchors can't be crafted and can only be bought at spawn at the cost of eight tungsten, to avoid lag.

non-renewable resources are literally non-renewable and therefore more valuable
hermits are still hard to find, but not virtually impossible to find as someone who lives one thousand kilometers away
in the overworld, you can travel from -8191 to +8192 on each axis
in the Nether, you can travel from -2047 to +2048 on each axis
the overworld is 16km², roughly 13½ times as big as New York City

7) PICTURES

20121123212928.png

20121123212950.png

20121123213004.png

Thank you for visiting!

Hello i was banned a long time ago and cant remeber why but i was wondering if i can create a ban appeal?

I remember your name. One of your friends got banned for admitting xray but I don't know what happened after. Do you remember who banned you or any other details so I can discuss it with my moderators, maybe refresh our minds?

World Anchors have been unbanned due to the various bugs in Immibis dimensional anchors. However, to keep their usage to a minimum, they can only be obtained at spawn at the cost of eight tungsten. Happy mining!

i cant really remeber really i just know him getting banned then i was

Neither do I. I'm sorry, I can't take the risk. Hackers usually go around in packs, and when one person in a group has a hacking client, the others usually do as well.

still havent been unbanned maybe you forgot idk

I'm sorry, I modified the wrong files. Can you try now? This isn't a regular unbanning, you see, you were banned before the server reset. I copied some files over but deleted a lot of them, and the plugin I used for bans did not recognize your old ban. It should be fixed now. If not then I don't know what the problem is.

I am literally laughing at how idiotic the owner is.

Thanks for the thread bump. However, I think insulting me in my own thread without specifying a reason is what's really idiotic.

Hello, my ign name is andrew bragg and i was just wondering if what is up with quarries? every time i turn one on i lag out of the game... its not my computer i played on this server for along time and i had no problem. can you please try to fix this problem.. i also think their OP but if u don't remove them try to fix them. Thanks

UPDATE: new rule, no spawnkilling. Please don't spawn kill!

Hello, my ign name is andrew bragg and i was just wondering if what is up with quarries? every time i turn one on i lag out of the game... its not my computer i played on this server for along time and i had no problem. can you please try to fix this problem.. i also think their OP but if u don't remove them try to fix them. Thanks

There's nothing wrong with quarries. This sounds like either a bad chunk problem or a really bad ping problem. Scan your base for any lag inducing items. As for their OPness, I agree, but the goal isn't to make the server purely vanilla. There has to be some automation as well. Originally we meant to ban quarries in favor of RP2 quarries, but only a baby's handful of people have the knowledge and time to build those. Not to mention the fact that they're bugged and crash clients if not built 100% to spec - and there's no spec sheet anywhere.

Hello Admins, I have a bit of a problem. Refineries have been causing my game to quit when I power them. My house in Berlin, East of the Spawn (I think) needs to have it's refinery destroyed before I can log on again. If an admin could take care of that, I would be quite grateful.

Probably the same sort of issue as andrew is having. I've been using this server, and it's previous map since it was created, and don't want to be unable to continue using it.

Ok thanks for the help I didn't exactly find the problem out but I can just use my other computers, the server is great and I hope to donate soon to help with the upkeep. I wouldn't want the best server to go down D:

That would be very much appreciated, Andrew.

Hello Admins, I have a bit of a problem. Refineries have been causing my game to quit when I power them. My house in Berlin, East of the Spawn (I think) needs to have it's refinery destroyed before I can log on again. If an admin could take care of that, I would be quite grateful.

Probably the same sort of issue as andrew is having. I've been using this server, and it's previous map since it was created, and don't want to be unable to continue using it.

That's probably a ping issue or something on your end. I went to your bed and found the refinery without getting kicked. Do you see any error messages?

Either way I removed it and placed it in a chest.

That would be very much appreciated, Andrew.

That's probably a ping issue or something on your end. I went to your bed and found the refinery without getting kicked. Do you see any error messages?

Either way I removed it and placed it in a chest.

THANK YOU!

I can now access it again. DANKA

This is a REALLY great server. Just from logging in you could tell that the staff did EVERYTHING they can possibly do to provide a fun, action packed PVP environment. Unlike other servers the mods on here DON'T cheat for items (notice the word "DON'T" ). It might seem a bit discouraging at first because of the 8k limit..but after you play it for a wile, you realize how great this feature is. Usually people would move out to 1 million blocks away; which ruined the fun in my opinion (in fact, i was going to do the same before the map changed). The Mods have a great personality and will always strive to fix any problem that you are having! This server is a 10/10 and i recommend it to your friends, daughters, dogs and wife's.

If you are just joining, i could help you out by providing basic materials. Contact me in-game "Blackinvador"

THANK YOU!

I can now access it again. DANKA

No problem!

This is a REALLY great server. Just from logging in you could tell that the staff did EVERYTHING they can possibly do to provide a fun, action packed PVP environment. Unlike other servers the mods on here DON'T cheat for items (notice the word "DON'T" ). It might seem a bit discouraging at first because of the 8k limit..but after you play it for a wile, you realize how great this feature is. Usually people would move out to 1 million blocks away; which ruined the fun in my opinion (in fact, i was going to do the same before the map changed). The Mods have a great personality and will always strive to fix any problem that you are having! This server is a 10/10 and i recommend it to your friends, daughters, dogs and wife's.

If you are just joining, i could help you out by providing basic materials. Contact me in-game "Blackinvador"

Thank you for the kind comments. What you said about admin/mod abuse is the primary reason I started hosting MC servers. It's REALLY hard for me to play on a server where admins run rampant doing whatever they want.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a REALLY bad server. Just from logging in you could tell that the staff don't know anything about how to provide a fun, action packed PVP environment. Unlike other servers the mods on here cheat (banning players that raid a mod base). After you play it for a wile; you realize that this server is run strictly for me mod's fun and no-one else's, which ruined the fun in my opinion (Its just really, really bad sportsmanship). The Mods have a horrible personality and will always take advantage of any problem that you are having. This server is a 1/10 and i only gave it a 1 because i am very generous. and i recommend it to No one. Played on this server for months and got falsely banned for hacking. Don't join this server.