{SERVER SHUT DOWN} [3.1.3]Rekkit[PvP][20 slots][Towny][NO EE] Rebalanced Tekkit

Kommunističeskiĭ

Hi, there's this small difference between "whining to the mods and getting banned" and "whining to the mods, the mods investigating, finding evidence of hacking and banning". I shouldn't have to explain this difference to someone your age.

Not to mention you returning with alts post-ban. Nice one.

I'd like to report this server for false information on their post, they do not follow their own rules

That's funny though. Servers don't even have to follow their own rules.

Instead I'd want to report you to other servers you join. Tell them about your x-ray use.

^ ps this was the mod base we raided, that black was talking about.

Replying to these is terribly pointless, but for setting the record straight, I could just provide this quote.

they say you can pvp/grief, then whine to mods and ban you.

See how the story changes? It's a fun thing these two players have been doing a while. The final, unchangeable fact being of their x-ray use, so the story will go every which way as they spin that.

This is a REALLY bad server. Just from logging in you could tell that the staff don't know anything about how to provide a fun, action packed PVP environment. Unlike other servers the mods on here cheat (banning players that raid a mod base). After you play it for a wile; you realize that this server is run strictly for me mod's fun and no-one else's, which ruined the fun in my opinion (Its just really, really bad sportsmanship). The Mods have a horrible personality and will always take advantage of any problem that you are having. This server is a 1/10 and i only gave it a 1 because i am very generous. and i recommend it to No one. Played on this server for months and got falsely banned for hacking. Don't join this server.

I'd like to report this server for false information on their post, they do not follow their own rules

You have been unbanned for lack of solid evidence. Apologies for the misunderstanding. Please do remove the bad publicity you've posted on here ASAP. Also, the warning I issued you both through in-game mail still stands.

Hi, there's this small difference between "whining to the mods and getting banned" and "whining to the mods, the mods investigating, finding evidence of hacking and banning". I shouldn't have to explain this difference to someone your age.

Not to mention you returning with alts post-ban. Nice one.

That's funny though. Servers don't even have to follow their own rules.

Instead I'd want to report you to other servers you join. Tell them about your x-ray use.

Half, please don't ban people for hacking. Mods don't have the authority to ban for that kind of thing.

Another note to everyone: I've had enough of this Fart/Half vs. Andriv/Black bullshit. Please either solve your differences through war or become friends. Leave it out of my fucking forum thread.

This is a REALLY bad server. Just from logging in you could tell that the staff don't know anything about how to provide a fun, action packed PVP environment. Unlike other servers the mods on here cheat (banning players that raid a mod base). After you play it for a wile; you reolize that this server is run strictly for me mod's fun and no-one elses, which ruined the fun in my opinion (Its just really, really bad sportsmanship). The Mods have a horrible personality and will always take advantage of any problem that you are having. This server is a 1/10 and i only gave it a 1 because i played it for a couple of months. and i recommend it to No one.

Really? other then EE(which is overpowered) i can do whatever i want its not like there are mods not letting you have fun i mean c'mon "horrible personality",really? enforcing the rules is there job not being happy and nice

• 2 weeks later...

The server was permanently shut down on January 7th. Reasons for shut down:

1. No time. I don't have time to properly maintain both my vanilla server and this server. I can do one, but two is a pain in the rear.
  2. Bugs. Tekkit has too many bugs, both by itself and with Bukkit plugins. Bugs keep piling up. Every time I fix one, another arises. I know everything has a solution, but I just don't have the interest I used to have, possibly due to the following 3 points.
  3. Disillusion. I envisioned a 'perfect' Towny/Tekkit server but I could never achieve the finer details due to bugs and limitations placed by plugins. This isn't the server I dreamed of.
  4. No players. The community died. There were 5 players online AT MOST at any given time, compared to 15 as it was the norm at one point. For a community to thrive, it must have leaders that promote community, and the two people majorly responsible for keeping the community alive for a large part of the server's life (HalfThere and fartdongs420) left the server some time ago. I don't have the "people skills" to do this myself for an extended period of time.
  5. System strain. Like I said, I run two servers. Rekkit was taking up A LOT of resources just running with no players on and my vanilla server was suffering because of it. This was the cherry on top of this sour cake of a decision.

I want to thank the players who donated: HalfThere, godiceman, SloppyHands, A2M_RedEye, and PerkyPerk77 as well as everyone else who played on the server. Of course, I deeply apologize for your wasted time. I will put the server world up for download soon in case anyone wants it.

Lastly, you are all welcome to join Scandic vanilla (1.4.6) server at scandic.us:25565. If I ever start up another modded server in the future (such as the promising new Tekkit Lite or FTB) I will post it in this thread.

EDIT: If anyone wants to keep the server running, send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send a download link to the server files.

• 5 months later...