Viewing other players Alchemy Bags

DHBM

does anyone know of a way?

i have tried renaming the bag_player#.dat files to my own name, along with just the player.dat file. and a combination of the two.

any help or suggestions are appreciated.

some more info:

I play on a small 15 man private server with my fellow admins as a break from our normal server, we do let a few other players in as well and, we believe, one of then is stealing from us and exploiting bugs in game, something we try not to do.

He has no hidden chests in the game that we can find, but does have 14 alchemy bags in his inventory. After renaming his player.dat as mine, i can see his inventory but not in the bags. I try to do the same with the bag_player#.dat it still wont let me access them, and im really looking for a way into those 14 bags.

unfortunately that wont quite help. i play on a small 15 man private server with my fellow admins as a break from our normal server, we do let a few other players in as well and, we believe, one of then is stealing from us and exploiting bugs in game, something we try not to do.

He has no hidden chests in the game that we can find, but does have 14 alchemy bags in his inventory. After renaming his player.dat as mine, i can see his inventory but not in the bags. I try to do the same with the bag_player#.dat it still wont let me access them, and im really looking for a way into those 14 bags.

Alright, I see your problem and am now motivated to help ;)

So i just fiddled around with the files on my server and was able to see the contents of my wifes bags, here is how I did it.

In the Tekkit/(world name)/data folder there are files (you already found) called bag_(player name)#.dat. Luckily we had just started a new server, and I knew my wife had one red bag, and I had none. There was a # 0 file for each of us, and she had one # 14. So I ignored the zero, copied hers and changed her name to mine. That is to say, bag_wife14.dat copied and renamed to bag_me14.dat. If you already had some bags you will probably want to back yours up somewhere of course. I am going to assume he has bag_thief1 through 14. It should be a simple matter of copying and renaming those to bag_you#.dat for each of them.

Once that is done, ya should be able to spawn yourself one of each color bag and check the contents to see if he has the contraband. Good luck!

Edit: I realize you said you already tried this, but it did work for me, thats why I did the step by step, maybe you did something slightly different.

Another thought, did you make sure the server was shut down before changing the files?

turns out in the end most of the bags were filled with cobble, there was one with a mix of ors but not in the amount we lost. and then there was the one filled with crowbars...

Well that's... special. Haha, still glad I could help. Good luck tracking down the culprit. Appreciate the offer, but il stay on my little private server with just me and the wifey ;D

So...

How many old tissues, till receipts, half-used lipsticks, and other assorted crud was in there?

You forgot tampons... :P

Heres what she actually had, in case it may be amusing to anyone:

1 Talisman of Repair

1 Diamond Pick

1 stack of Coal

4 stacks of Torches

and a fully charged Klein Star Omega :o

Women... ::)

;D