Items Falling out of Pipes (BuildCraft)

Alright, so I have this very strange issue. I have been playing on this server I have created with some of my friends for some time now. We have these two quarries that feed a chest and some macerators/furnaces in our house via a pipeline. As of just today, though, there are two north/south sections of the pipe that just drops items when we are all logged out. This creates much lag when we are off the server for long periods of time. They're quite close to our home, so they are within loaded chunks. I tried rerouting one of the pipes eastward a bit, but that didn't help; basically, there is a small east/west strip of the world that the items fall out of the pipes on, and it occurs in these same two places every time. I used MCEdit to look at the area of our base; these are the only two areas that has this issue, and there are 3 north/south pipelines that intersect this east/west chunk, and each are on different vertical coordinates. However, the two pipes in question have items travelling north, while the other has them travelling south.

Some things that we have done recently include the following: make and use Turtles, attempt to upgrade to 3.1.3 (from 3.1.2, but we didn't), and shut off the server without the "stop" command (I had to force-quit the server).

I am aware that I can get around this issue in may ways, such as sucking up the items with an Obsidian pipe and whatnot, and that is not what I am looking for; I am looking for why this is happening and how to fix it.

I can provide more information and even the level.dat file if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue as of today with a stone pipe system that is feeding chests from a quarry - the quarry runs on its max speed so the chain of items merges a little but I was told that actually is fine. It's also a multiplayer server though I don't run it. the system is a bit longer than Techno described and it is two different chunks long but I use a world anchor on the quarry chunk and it only happens when I'm not around (doesn'T even have to be logged out)

Or instead of laggy trouble Buildcraft pipes uses Redpower Tubing they'll never spills and sends items unless there room to an adjacent inventories. To hooks them up to quarries just do Quarry> a chest>fliter and a timer to pulls out items> Tubing to macertors and furnaces tops. To pulls out products out of inventories and machines do the same as the quarry so if I were to pulling out of macertors then you puts the fliter on it's sides with timer and tubing to the top of the furnaces.

Or instead of laggy trouble Buildcraft pipes uses Redpower Tubing they'll never spills and sends items unless there room to an adjacent inventories. To hooks them up to quarries just do Quarry> a chest>fliter and a timer to pulls out items> Tubing to macertors and furnaces tops. To pulls out products out of inventories and machines do the same as the quarry so if I were to pulling out of macertors then you puts the fliter on it's sides with timer and tubing to the top of the furnaces.

You could also use a relay, to be even more compact.

no you'll want to looks up tutorials then to learn to use Redpower. Once you learns the basics and trial and errors you'll be able to makes automated factories with Redpower. Me and my friend in fact made a HV Solar Array factory all out of redpower and it's producing about a HV array every 7 minutes. The fastest factory I heard was on Youtube and it's only produces a HV array every 8 minutes.

I'm not 100% sure on the issue since I don't tend to use buildcraft. It sounds like the pipes are overloading, are they right next to each other? If they are, are they different pipes (Cobblestone next to stone)?

The two pipes in question are a good ~30 blocks away from each other.

I have the same issue as of today with a stone pipe system that is feeding chests from a quarry - the quarry runs on its max speed so the chain of items merges a little but I was told that actually is fine. It's also a multiplayer server though I don't run it. the system is a bit longer than Techno described and it is two different chunks long but I use a world anchor on the quarry chunk and it only happens when I'm not around (doesn'T even have to be logged out)

The thing with mine is I am using golden pipes, so even though I have 2 quarries running on max none of the items "merge". I have a world anchor for the quarries, as they are about 64 blocks away, but the trouble areas are in our base, and since we are always there, the pipes are always in chunk-load distance. The spilling probably would also occur if we all were away from the base, but I have yet to test that.

I was considering doing that, or just use teleport pipes to skip the trouble area altogether.

I was considering doing that, or just use teleport pipes to skip the trouble area altogether.

Step away from the teleport pipes. Unless you want to spend half your time breaking them, fiddling with them, or generally getting annoyed with their buggyness.

I have a pair of stupidly long standard pipes from my quarries now (goodbye framerate), due to the teleport pipes just being so buggy.

The power teleport pipes seem to work OK.

When I get time, I think I will have to use enderchests or something.