how do you install optifine to technic?

milky1223

I don't recommend adding mods to base technic but here's how. Check the minecraft forge version and minecraft version, get the appropiate version of optifine for your minecraft and minecraft forge version. Make sure you are either using the standard or smooth version of optifine.

DO NOT USE THE ULTRA, LIGHT, OR MULTI-CORE VERSIONS!

I don't recommend adding mods to base technic but here's how. Check the minecraft forge version and minecraft version, get the appropiate version of optifine for your minecraft and minecraft forge version. Make sure you are either using the standard or smooth version of optifine.

DO NOT USE THE ULTRA, LIGHT, OR MULTI-CORE VERSIONS!

Why no multicore?

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I'd post to try to contribute something to this conversation. As the prolo stated, make sure third party mods that are not to be inserted directly into the "mods" folder are inserted into modpack.jar.

When you open your .bin folder in the technic pack install area up, you will see the common "minecraft.jar" and an additional jar called "modpack.jar"

I'm going to assume you have installed basic mods before, so just follow what you would normally do to install optifine, with the exception of adding it to modpack instead of minecraft.

Best of luck and tell us how it works out.

(if it works please describe in graphic detail what your currently wearing)