Need help with banning items etc. on my Tekkit server.

semirotta

Please help!

I have a list which ive collected about items,tools and blocks to prevent using / crafting / placing / holding etc.

So no1 can use the items. What kind of plugin or modification into the configurations i need to do to make this happen? if someone could make an config with all them ready i would appreciate it.

LIST below

Abyss Helmet

Red Matter Helmet

Dark Matter Helmet

Infernal Armor

Mercurial Eye

Ring of Ignition

Watch of Flowing Time

Evertide Amulet

Volcanite Amulet

Ring of Arcana

Nova Cataclysm/Catalyst

Quantum Chestplate

Computer

Item Loader

Item Unloader

Adv. Item Loader

Liquid Loader

Liquid Unloader

Adv. Item Unloader

Energy Loader

Energy Unloader

Void Ring

Black Hole Band

Dimensional Anchor

Duplicator

World Anchor

Teleport Tether

Anchor Cart

Zero Ring

Ttransmutation Table

Alchemical Chest

Philosopher's Stone

Block Breakers

Please correct me if some items or blocks are not worth banning. I have 1-50 players 2G RAM server from Minecraft-node and i would love to have good tekkit server.

Add me on skype if you feel like its easier through that

Nick at skype: Semirotta

There are some useful plugins, I forgot the names though >.< They can be found in the 'plugin recommendation station' thread.

Btw, if you're banning all this, why not relays and energy collectors? Those mess up yer economy as well

server isnt having any kind of economy atm...

Just wondering, you are aware of what most of these things do, correct? It seems to me you're on the verge of having a vanilla server.

tbh i have no idea what the items do. I do know nukes, dark matter / red matter tools can break the protected areas no matter what. I know the duplicator machines (some of those) and i really don't want those i think it's so lame to duplicate items... Takes the fun out of game. I do know ring of vulcanic or what ever it was makes fire or lava and even in protected areas which means spam spam spam & crash the server.

I just want tekkit server without anything op stuff , my server is PVP & GRIEF allowed but the players may still protect their land with precious stones & factions so those couldnt be destroyed

You can't make duplicators normally, they need to be spawned in.

Also, why are you removing computers?

because someone told me that computers can be used to crash server / stop server...

also red matter / dark matter ARMORS ive told to block because its pvp server, those armors make you basically immortal?..

EDIT:

I use tekkitcustomizer plugin to prevent some stuff

config below

TekkitCustomizer:

ProtectSurfaceFromExplosives: true

RemoveUUMatterToNonRenewableItemRecipes: true

EnforcementWorlds:

- Semicraft

- Semicraft_the_end

- Semicraft_nether

Bans:

UsageBanned:

- 27585:2:Divining Rod III:Makes mining trivial, undermining the server economy.

- 27526:*:Philosopher's Stone:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

OwnershipBanned:

- 27556:*:Catalytic Lens:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27527:*:Destruction Catalyst:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27530:*:Evertide Amulet:Bypasses anti-grief to place water in protected areas without permission.

- 27579:*:Infernal Armor:Bypasses anti-grief to destroy blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27580:*:Abyss Helmet:Calls lightning to injure players even when PvP is off.

- 27537:*:Harvest Goddess Band:Bypasses anti-grief to grow and harvest in protected areas without permission.

- 27532:*:Black Hole Band:Bypasses anti-grief to remove water in protected areas without permission.

- 27533:*:Ring of Ignition:Bypasses anti-grief to injure claimed animals and set fires in protected areas without permission.  May injure players even when PvP is off.

- 27593:*:Void Ring:Key ingredient in an item duplication exploit.

- 27583:*:Mercurial Eye:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27584:*:Ring of Arcana:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27538:*:Watch of Flowing Time:Can be used to sabotage another player's automated processes by altering speed of components.

- 27531:*:Volcanite Amulet:Bypasses anti-grief to place lava in protected areas without permission.

- 27543:*:Dark Matter Pickaxe:Bypasses anti-grief to collect ore in protected areas without permission.

- 27544:*:Dark Matter Shovel:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27545:*:Dark Matter Hoe:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27547:*:Dark Matter Axe:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27555:*:Dark Matter Hammer:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27564:*:Red Matter Pickaxe:Bypasses anti-grief to collect ores in protected areas without permission.

- 27565:*:Red Matter Shovel:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27566:*:Red Matter Hoe:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27568:*:Red Matter Axe:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27570:*:Red Matter Hammer:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27572:*:Red Matter Katar:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission, and may injure players even when PvP is off.

- 27573:*:Red Matter Morning Star:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission, and may injure players even when PvP is off.

- 126:4:Red Matter Furnace:Key ingredient in an item duplication exploit.

- 26524:*:Cannon:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 126:10:Nova Catalyst:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 126:11:Nova Cataclysm:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 4095:*:Dimensional Anchor:Can easily crash the server by consuming all hard drive allocation.

- 7312:*:Tank Cart:Key ingredient in an item duplication exploit.

- 216:*:Turtle:Bypasses anti-grief to build in protected areas without permission.

- 150:12:Igniter:Bypasses anti-grief to set fire in protected areas without permission.

- 214:0:World Anchor:Consumes extra server memory, which may slow or crash the server.

- 7303:*:Anchor Cart:Consumes extra server memory, which may slow or crash the server.

- 213:11:Feed Station:Unattended animal breeding can result in animal overload, severely slowing the server.

- 7310:*:Tunnel Bore:The Tunnel Bore bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 7308:*:Iron Bore Head:The Tunnel Bore bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 7272:*:Steel Bore Head:The Tunnel Bore bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 7314:*:Diamond Bore Head:The Tunnel Bore bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 173:3:Project Table:May craft banned items which would then be confiscated, wasting your ingredients.

- 7281:*:Work Cart:May craft banned items which would then be confiscated, wasting your ingredients.

- 192:1:Industrial Alarm:May be turned up very loud and then hidden or protected to grief players.

- 192:2:Howler Alarm:May be turned up very loud and then hidden or protected to grief players.

- 150:7:Frame Motor:Bypasses anti-grief to move blocks into and out of protected areas without permission.

- 127:*:Dark Matter Pedestal:Fills the server log very quickly when activated, potentially running the server out of storage allocation and causing a crash.

- 126:0:Energy Collector I:Converting renewable energy sources to non-renewable ores undermines the server economy.

- 126:1:Energy Collector II:Converting renewable energy sources to non-renewable ores undermines the server economy.

- 126:2:Energy Collector III:Converting renewable energy sources to non-renewable ores undermines the server economy.

PlacementBanned: []

WorldBanned: []

CraftingBanned:

- 27531:*:You're not allowed to craft this item!

- 422406:*:You're not allowed to craft this item!

- 285848:*:You're not allowed to craft this item!

- 207:*:You're not allowed to craft this item!

- 216:*:You're not allowed to craft this item!

because someone told me that computers can be used to crash server / stop server...

also red matter / dark matter ARMORS ive told to block because its pvp server, those armors make you basically immortal?..

EDIT:

I use tekkitcustomizer plugin to prevent some stuff

config below

#

#    - 27536:*:Swiftwolf's Ring:Calls lightning to injure players even when PvP is off, and the knockback effect enables animal theft.

TekkitCustomizer:

EnforcementWorlds:

- Semicraft

- Semicraft_the_end

- Semicraft_nether

Bans:

UsageBanned:

- 27585:2:Divining Rod III:Makes mining trivial, undermining the server economy.

- 27526:*:Philosopher's Stone:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

OwnershipBanned:

- 27556:*:Catalytic Lens:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27527:*:Destruction Catalyst:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27530:*:Evertide Amulet:Bypasses anti-grief to place water in protected areas without permission.

- 27579:*:Infernal Armor:Bypasses anti-grief to destroy blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27580:*:Abyss Helmet:Calls lightning to injure players even when PvP is off.

- 27537:*:Harvest Goddess Band:Bypasses anti-grief to grow and harvest in protected areas without permission.

- 27532:*:Black Hole Band:Bypasses anti-grief to remove water in protected areas without permission.

- 27533:*:Ring of Ignition:Bypasses anti-grief to injure claimed animals and set fires in protected areas without permission.  May injure players even when PvP is off.

- 27583:*:Mercurial Eye:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27584:*:Ring of Arcana:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27538:*:Watch of Flowing Time:Can be used to sabotage another player's automated processes by altering speed of components.

- 27531:*:Volcanite Amulet:Bypasses anti-grief to place lava in protected areas without permission.

- 27543:*:Dark Matter Pickaxe:Bypasses anti-grief to collect ore in protected areas without permission.

- 27544:*:Dark Matter Shovel:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27545:*:Dark Matter Hoe:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27547:*:Dark Matter Axe:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27555:*:Dark Matter Hammer:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27564:*:Red Matter Pickaxe:Bypasses anti-grief to collect ores in protected areas without permission.

- 27565:*:Red Matter Shovel:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27566:*:Red Matter Hoe:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27568:*:Red Matter Axe:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27570:*:Red Matter Hammer:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 27572:*:Red Matter Katar:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission, and may injure players even when PvP is off.

- 27573:*:Red Matter Morning Star:Bypasses anti-grief to change blocks in protected areas without permission, and may injure players even when PvP is off.

- 26524:*:Cannon:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 126:10:Nova Catalyst:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 126:11:Nova Cataclysm:Bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 4095:*:Dimensional Anchor:Can easily crash the server by consuming all hard drive allocation.

- 216:*:Turtle:Bypasses anti-grief to build in protected areas without permission.

- 150:12:Igniter:Bypasses anti-grief to set fire in protected areas without permission.

- 214:0:World Anchor:Consumes extra server memory, which may slow or crash the server.

- 7303:*:Anchor Cart:Consumes extra server memory, which may slow or crash the server.

- 213:11:Feed Station:Unattended animal breeding can result in animal overload, severely slowing the server.

- 7310:*:Tunnel Bore:The Tunnel Bore bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 7308:*:Iron Bore Head:The Tunnel Bore bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 7272:*:Steel Bore Head:The Tunnel Bore bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 7314:*:Diamond Bore Head:The Tunnel Bore bypasses anti-grief to break blocks in protected areas without permission.

- 173:3:Project Table:May craft banned items which would then be confiscated, wasting your ingredients.

- 7281:*:Work Cart:May craft banned items which would then be confiscated, wasting your ingredients.

- 192:1:Industrial Alarm:May be turned up very loud and then hidden or protected to grief players.

- 192:2:Howler Alarm:May be turned up very loud and then hidden or protected to grief players.

- 150:7:Frame Motor:Bypasses anti-grief to move blocks into and out of protected areas without permission.

- 127:*:Dark Matter Pedestal:Fills the server log very quickly when activated, potentially running the server out of storage allocation and causing a crash.

- 126:0:Energy Collector I:Converting renewable energy sources to non-renewable ores undermines the server economy.

- 126:1:Energy Collector II:Converting renewable energy sources to non-renewable ores undermines the server economy.

- 126:2:Energy Collector III:Converting renewable energy sources to non-renewable ores undermines the server economy.

CraftingBanned:

- 27531    <-- can't understand this entry, see BukkitDev documentation

- 422406    <-- can't understand this entry, see BukkitDev documentation

- 285848    <-- can't understand this entry, see BukkitDev documentation

- 207    <-- can't understand this entry, see BukkitDev documentation

- 216    <-- can't understand this entry, see BukkitDev documentation

If somebody really wanted to crash your server. They wouldn't use computers.

If somebody really wanted to crash your server. They wouldn't use computers.

I do not know how to play tekkit at all, so should i allow computers? i dont think theyre on that list are they? i updated it a second ago coz it didnt work properly , fixed some entries

EDIT:

In tekkit customizer plugin page:

Setup

To install, just copy the .jar file into your plugins folder and restart your server (or /reload for non-Tekkit servers).

The default ban list is very good and based on testing (not just reading wikis and forums). You can safely start your public server with the default ban list. Before you decide to REMOVE items from the default ban list, be sure to read the reasons for default bans to understand the risk you're taking.

Computers and Turtles add a lot to the game but as far as I am aware most people don't use them. I usually use 2-3 mining turtle for when I want mine out parallel tunnels (set them off and mine up the goodies).

so can you tell me if my configs has them blocked? coz i can take them off if it really is not that big of a deal, i still want to keep the fun stuff & remove only the not fun uber grief duplicating stuff :D

EDIT:

Reason why its in banned list is coz it can grief areas in protected places :(

Updated the config:

TekkitCustomizer:

EnforcementWorlds:

- Semicraft

- Semicraft_the_end

- Semicraft_nether

Bans:

UsageBanned:

#    - 27585:2:Divining Rod III:Makes mining trivial, undermining the server economy.

OwnershipBanned:

#    - 27580:*:Abyss Helmet:Calls lightning to injure players even when PvP is off.

#    - 213:11:Feed Station:Unattended animal breeding can result in animal overload, severely slowing the server.

CraftingBanned:

I would highly recommend taking time (sometime, not meaning to detract from your server) to play single player and using the items that are banned for bypassing protection or crafting banned items, as they are some nice items.

Project table: Awesome crafting table with it's own internal storage. Items don't fall out when you close the interface

Carts and unloaders: Part of railcraft that allows to transfer items and liquids.

Tunnel bore: Create 3x3 tunnels that have tracks laid ready for minecarts.

Frame motors: Frames allow you to move blocks. Create hidden doors, platforms that can move themselves.

A good plugin to use is NoItem. It is obtainable via the bukkit website and works extremely well on tekkit. I myself am using it on my server.

NoItem requires all the id's which i cannot find anyway, even the wiki sometimes doesnt show me the item i look for...(Tekkit wiki)

I would highly recommend taking time (sometime, not meaning to detract from your server) to play single player and using the items that are banned for bypassing protection or crafting banned items, as they are some nice items.

Project table: Awesome crafting table with it's own internal storage. Items don't fall out when you close the interface

Carts and unloaders: Part of railcraft that allows to transfer items and liquids.

Tunnel bore: Create 3x3 tunnels that have tracks laid ready for minecarts.

Frame motors: Frames allow you to move blocks. Create hidden doors, platforms that can move themselves.

There is explanations about why those items should be banned.

Most of the items can craft other banned items which will lead into wasting of resources, people would cry. Some of the stuff makes the chunks loaded all the time which eats a lot of RAM usage. Some items for example Tunnel bore(s) will break through protected areas no matter what and thats what i do not want.

EDIT:

I updated the config.

TekkitCustomizer:

EnforcementWorlds:

- Semicraft

- Semicraft_the_end

- Semicraft_nether

Bans:

UsageBanned:

OwnershipBanned:

#    - 173:3:Project Table:May craft banned items which would then be confiscated, wasting your ingredients.

#    - 7281:*:Work Cart:May craft banned items which would then be confiscated, wasting your ingredients.

CraftingBanned:

If you can obtain the mod TooManyItems and/or NotEnough items Mod, they show the item ID's when you highlight the item in the lists. While i understand that not all the ID's are listed, it can still help with finding the grief-ous items. If worse comes to worse, search ingame and trawl google until you find the ID's your looking for, if you look for specific items, your bound to eventually find the ID's.

There is explanations about why those items should be banned.

Most of the items can craft other banned items which will lead into wasting of resources, people would cry. Some of the stuff makes the chunks loaded all the time which eats a lot of RAM usage. Some items for example Tunnel bore(s) will break through protected areas no matter what and thats what i do not want.

I was not saying to allow them on the server, I was saying you might enjoy playing a single player game and using the items, since you would not have access to them when you are on your server.